Threats & Revelations

Bắt đầu từ đầu

It's too late to think about the consequences it does not matter as long as the problem is solved.

Bella's POV 😇

Here I was, sitting, facing the entrance. Every time the bell rang a bubble of hope would build inside me, thinking that finally, he is here. Only to be disappointed, when I realized that it wasn't him. I would try my best to hide my disappointment. It's been two hours since I was supposed to meet Derek and there was still no sign of him.

What if he doesn't show up?
Then what?

"Ahem." I looked up to see a worker. Not just any worker but Regina, who had been pestering me since I came in. I had clearly told her that I was waiting for someone but noooooo.

I was already anxious enough waiting for Derek.

"Look I'm not in the mood."

She huffed and continued to stand there.

"You can't be here if you don't buy anything." She pointed in a matter of fact tone.

"I'll take an oreo ice cream, oh and I'll also take another waiter. It would be great if I don't see your face." I sassed.

She hissed like the evil witch she is and stormed away.

I looked at my phone hopefully, but nothing.
The door opened and I heard the bells jingle.

I looked up and grinned as his green eyes found mine. Slowly absorbing every inch of me while I did the same.

I clumsily stood up bumping the chair I was seated on in the process.

The noise echoed and every single pair of eyes were on me. I bit the inside of my cheek in embarrassment and mumbled a quick apology before walking towards Derek. It was then only that I noticed his hand pulling someone in-Bianca.

My steps halted and my smile disappeared. I looked at his hand which was wrapped around her.

She gave me a gentle smile to which I waved awkwardly.

Then Derek whispered something in her ears as she giggled. She then gave a final nod and left to a table further from where we were standing. I pulled Derek out of the ice cream shop. So that we could have a proper conversation away from all unwanted ears.

"I knew you would come." I softly said.

"Who said I came for you? Honestly, I don't have time for this or you for that matter. If you'll excuse me, my date is waiting for me.

My mouth felt dry and I didn't know what to say. I felt like the room/air was closing in on me.

I felt hurt that he could have moved on so easily and that with my friend, but I don't blame him, I hurt him.

"But why show up at the place I told you to meet me? Knowing full well that I would be here? Even if it is for revenge or whatever, it makes me happy Derek. It shows that I still matter to you. I know that I hurt you badly, but I promise it was not intentional. I would do anything to change it. I don't know if what your doing is revenge, but if you are happy then that is enough for now, that's enough for me." I told him sincerely.

"Bella do you hear yourself?" He laughed humorlessly.

"Bella honestly, I came here to show you that I moved on, hoping that you'll give up on your childish behavior and move on too. You did hurt me, but Bianca was able to heal me." He added looking right back at me.

I discreetly as possible leaned to the wall for support as I felt my body weaken.

My heart seemed like it would burst at the words he said.

"I am doing this for closure and to make you go through what I experienced." His words were like a knife piercing through my heart.

"St-op. Stop pretending to be bad. I know that's not true. " My voice wavered I held in the tears that were begging to come out.

Even if I knew this wasn't true does mean it didn't hurt.

"That's the thing, Bella. What exactly do you love about me when you don't even know me?" He asked plainly.

" I don't know why..." I laughed before adding " When you're pushing me away so far yet here I am. I don't know how to express it, but you make everything complete. It feels so natural to love you and you know what you are right I don't completely know you, but I plan to learn more about you." I told him boldly.

"Why are you doing this?" He asked as he looked intently into my eyes hoping for an answer.

"Just because, I decided I'll be fighting for you. I 'm done running away."

I gave him one last glance.

"Enjoy your date because we both, in the end, know that you will come back to me."

With that, I walked away with my head held up high and as soon as I was out of vision. I leaned my body to a wall for support due to all the trembling.

Derek's POV 😈
I watched her walk away as I held myself back from pulling her in my arms and revealing the truth to her.

No, not now.

I called a cab to make sure she reaches home safely. I go in to find Bianca whispering something into her phone, but as soon as she noticed me she ended the call.

I took the seat in front of her.

"How long were you there?" She asked as she avoided eye contact.

"Bianca why? Why would you betray your friend by putting her in danger?" I asked her the question that has been bothering me for a couple of days now.

" How?" Her face portrait clearly her shock.
She then sighed.
"I am doing this for him. He deserves to be happy." She said in a tearful state.

"But what about Bella? Doesn't her happiness matter to you?" I tried to reason.

"It's always Bella this, Bella that. What about me? I am hurt and broken." She sobbed.

I sighed not quite sure of how to react to her outburst.

I let her cry out.

"Bella is a good person, but I can't help but despise her. Yet I feel guilty because I know that she treats me as her family. But I can't help but feel this way." She shook her head as she looked down at her hands miserably.

"Who is it?"

"Who is who?" She asked confused.

"The one who caused all this, the one who's after Bella." I replied as I stared into her eyes to show how serious I am.

She looked at me reluctantly.

"I don't know." She answered.

"Bianca please.  Bella is in a danger. I know that your stuck,  but if something happens would be okay with that? Please tell me who is it?" I begged.

She looked at me hesitantly and sniffed.
"It's ..."