The World -Millard

(Y/n)'s POV

My boyfriend Millard and I were sitting in the library reading our separate books. My peculiarity was that I could read minds. Millard started to think, and I could hear him. "I wonder if (y/n) would like to look at the Map of Days with me. It is her favorite book, after all." I smiled and closed my book.

"I would love to look at the Map of Days with you, Mill. And yes, it is my favorite book." I said, beginning to giggle.

"You read my mind, didn't you, love?" I nodded.

"Yep," I replied, standing up to retrieve the Map of Days.

"Oooh! I would love to go to Australia one day." I said, pointing to a loop in Sydney, Australia.

"Don't worry, love. You'll get to travel the world one day. I'm sure of it." Millard said, before placing a soft kiss on my cheek. I was just about to turn and give him a hug when my sister came in.

Emma Bloom. She's my twin sister and can be the nosiest person I know. "Hey, (n/n). Millard. What are the two of you doing?" She asked us as if she couldn't see the very large book in front of us.

"Looking at the Map of Days. What are you doing, Em? Shouldn't you be off snogging Abe or something?" I replied, clearly annoyed.

"Whatever. I just came to tell you two that it's time to eat." She began to turn around, but stopped, facing me again.

"Oh, and (y/n), don't get your hopes up. We can't leave the island, so it's highly unlikely you'll ever visit Australia." With that, she left.

"She's right," I said, sitting back on the couch after closing the Map. Tears threatened to drop from my eyes. Millars sat next to me and pulled me into a sweet side hug.

"Don't think like that, love. You'll travel the world one day, and I'll be right by your side."

I smiled. "Thank you, Millard. You're the best boyfriend a girl could ask for. I love you." I told him, a blush creeping onto my cheeks.

"I love you, too, (y/n)."