millard (story)- part one

"Jacob look!" I cried, pointing up at the bird flying above us. My twin brother and I were on a ferry with our dad on our way to Cairnholm, Wales.

"Is that a-" He started to say.

"that's a peregrine falcon." My dad said.

"Do you think it's Miss Peregrine?" I asked Jacob, laughing.

"Haha totally!" He said. Then he called out to the bird, "hey Miss Peregrine! It's me, Jacob Portman. I'm Abe's grandson. Please don't crap on us."

He looked at me with a smile as I yelled, "Hi, Miss Peregrine! I'm (Y/n) Portman, Abe's granddaughter. You're a beautiful bird. Tell the children I said hello!" Jacob and I just laughed, and then my dad looked at us with a look of horror mixed with concern. "Omg, dad. We're joking, chill." I said.

Time Skip

We got to the inn that we were staying at, and dad was busy checking in, so Jacob and I sat at the bar and talked.

"So, do you think the kids really are peculiar?" I asked him.

"Definitely not. Grandpa made all of that stuff up, remember." I rolled my eyes, while Dad told us to come put our stuff in the rooms.

"Dad, we're gonna go check the house out now." I told him.

"I don't want you two running around the island alone." He said. I rolled my eyes (I do that a lot...) and followed my dad and brother outside.

"Hey, uhh I was wondering if you two would show my kids around the island, and take them to the old children's home." My dad said to these two strange looking guys. They were both about our age, and they kept staring at me. Turns out they're the only two kids on the island.

"What's in it for us?" The taller one asked my dad.

"Um... Here." He pulled 20 dollars out of his pocket and handed it to them.

"Alright." They said simultaneously.

The four of us walked in silence for a few minutes when Jacob spoke. "So... Um what are your names?" I walked alongside Jacob, not wanting to get to close to either of the strange boys.

"I'm Worm, and this is MC dirty d." The shorter one said.

"HA!" I laughed really loudly and unexpectedly. "Sorry..." I said whilst still laughing super hard.

"MC Dirty Business." The taller one said.

"I thought you changed it?"

"No. People kept saying Dirty D sounded like a personal hygiene problem." I started laughing again.

"What's her problem?" Worm asked Jacob.

"Um, I don't know. She finds everything funny, I guess."

"Sorry." I turned to the other boy. "What's your real name?"

"Dylan, what about you? You got a name, gorgeous?" He said.

"Umm... It's (Y/n)." I went back to staring at the road. Jacob glared at him, and moved closer to me.

Turns out the two boys are rappers. Not good ones, might I add. They led us to a bog, and Worm said, "it's just right through those trees."

"Um, are you sure about that? It looks like this is a bog." I asked them.

"Trust me, babe." I gagged at the little "nickname".

Jacob went first. He ended up losing one shoe, so he had to go retrieve it. I just followed his footprints. After a while, we emerged from the bog into a large Cairn. A Cairn is a tunnel like rock structure. It was breathtaking. "Woah." I said. Jacob didn't acknowledge me, but instead just went right through it. The first thing I saw was the house. It was absolutely trashed.