Jacob Portman

I was minding my own business while walking around the beach when my best friend ran up to me. "Hey, Hugh. What's up?" I asked as he grabbed my hand.

"There's a new guy here. He's Abe's grandson!" What? Abe's grandson? Tears began brimming in my eyes. "Oh. Sorry, (y/n). I forgot." Abraham Portman. He and I had been incredibly close. He was Emma's boyfriend, but one of my absolute best friends. When he left the loop, it had been completely heartbreaking. For me, and poor Em. "Would you like to at least come to say hello? Well actually, you kind of have to. Miss P sent me to get you for dinner."

I nodded, "thanks, Hugh. Let's go." We walked back to the house.

"So what's it like in America?"

"Are there spaceships?"

"Does England still rule the world?"

These are some of the questions the new boy was asked. I learned that his name was Jacob. He was dashing. He looked just like his grandfather, and Em couldn't stop staring. I kicked her leg underneath the table, lightly. "Quit starring, Em. He'll catch you looking!" She glared at me and broke out with a smile. She never could stay mad at me for long. I was sitting in between Jacob and Hugh, who was sent to his small table in the corner, and he was forced to wear his bee net hat thingy. His bees would always fly around while he ate, so Miss Peregrine had begun making him sit at a table alone. Most of the time I would go sit with him, but I didn't want to be rude to Jacob.

"Now children, we do not discuss the future in this house. Now, please, eat your dinner!"

We all continued to eat when I became quite curious. "So, Jacob, what made you come here, to Carnholm?" I asked. He looked at me, seemingly surprised I had said something because I hadn't spoken a word to him, or anyone other than Hugh and Emma.

"Well, I-"

Miss Peregrine interrupted. "We will not be discussing anything of that topic, either." I stared down at my plate.

"So what's your name?" I looked up. Jacob had asked me.

"Oh, um, I'm (y/n)." He smiled.

"That's a really pretty name. I like it. (Y/n)." He whispered my name to himself as if he was amused. "What is your peculiarity, (y/n)?"

I smiled. "Well, Jacob, my peculiarity happens to be the manipulation of invisible things. I can see them, and make them do whatever I want. Watch!" And with that I looked at Millard, his eyes shining with a glint of terror. I concentrated hard, and he got up from his chair, walked upstairs, and came back down wearing a new outfit, holding a glass of hot chocolate. He handed it to me, and I smiled. "Thanks, Mil!" I winked at him, and he sat back down.

"I wish you would stop doing that to me, (y/n)! It can be so embarrassing sometimes!" I laughed, and to my surprise, Jacob laughed as well.

"That's cool!" He exclaimed.

"Thanks." I beamed. I felt the heat rising to my face, being careful to hide it. Unfortunately, Emma saw. She was now giving me a slight glare, which I just gave her puppy dog eyes in return. She rolled her eyes and focused back on her food.

"Time to reset the loop." Miss P said, getting up from her chair.

"May we show Jacob?" I asked. She nodded, and we all ran outside, but I remembered Olive still in her chair and Jacob, and I rushed to help her.

I held Jacob's hand tightly after I finished putting on my gas mask. He looked at me with an odd look in his eyes, the kind of look that Abe would give Emma. It gave me instant butterflies in my stomach! He didn't seem to be putting his mask on, so I grabbed it and put it on his head for him. "Let's go," I said from beneath my mask. He nodded, and we went to go join the others.

Millard stood next to me and bent down to whisper something in my ear. "Ooh, (y/n)'s got a boyfriend!" A huge blush rushed to my cheeks, but luckily, my face was hidden under a mask, and no one saw it.

"Shut up, Mil, before I make you do something you'll regret!" He huffed and was silent the rest of the time we were outside.

After the reset, Jacob said he needed to go back to his own time. I quickly became upset, and everyone seemed to notice. "Well, alright, Mr. Portman. So long as someone guides you out of the loop." She smiled and looked around the room. "Miss (l/n), would you be so kind as to take Jacob to the loop entrance?" I smiled, and nodded, grabbing Jacob's hand.

We walked to the loop entrance laughing and talking the entire way. "You're interesting, (y/n). I'd love to see you again." I smiled.

"Thank you, Mr. Portman. I would be delighted to see you again, as well. Will you be back tomorrow?" He cupped his hands on my face.

"Of course, I will." He leaned down and kissed me softly. I kissed back and smiled. We broke apart, and he gave me one last kiss on the cheek before walking out of the loop. This has been the best day of my life! I can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring! Time to tell Hugh, Millard, and Emma!! I can't wait to see Jacob!

_______________
A/n
Ok so I am so sorry for not updating in a while, but I've been so so busy.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, it took a while, but I finished😄

Jacob's not my favorite, so I had to try so hard not to accidentally turn this into a Millard or Hugh Story 😂

Sorry

Bye!!! 🐝🐝🐝