Sick Days -Hugh

Hugh's POV

I spent all day looking for (y/n). Me, forgetting where she would most likely be, didn't think to check her bedroom. I knocked on her door, and she answered. "Come in." I opened the door and immediately saw that she was laying in bed, her face red.

"Oh my Bird, (y/n)? What's wrong?" I exclaimed as I ran to her bed.

"I think I may be sick." She told me, not even looking up. She let out a small laugh and looked up at me. "You should go. I don't want you getting sick, too, Hugh. You're my best friend. It would be awful if I was sick, and then you got sick, too." I didn't move.

"No, (y/n). I'm gonna help you feel better. I'll go get you some water, okay?" I told her.

"Sure." She replied.

I came back a few minutes later with a glass of water, some of the medicine Miss Peregrine gives Claire when she's sick, and some crackers. "How do you feel?" I asked (y/n).

"Gross. And sick." She told me.

"Sorry. Here, I brought you some water, crackers, and medicine." She groaned.

"I don't want to take that medicine. It's vile." I rolled my eyes.

"Do you want to get better?" I asked, and she just pulled her many blankets over her face and didn't say anything for several minutes. I stood there silent, waiting for an answer.

"Yes." Her muffled voice replied. She's adorable when she pouts. I had this huge crush on her, but I haven't told anyone.

"Then you'll have to take the medicine. Got it, honey?" Honey's my nickname for her. She poked her head out from her pile of blankets and opened her mouth. I gave her the medicine and handed her the glass of water because she started coughing.

"That tasted even worse than I remembered. But thank you, Hugh."

"Of course. I would do anything for you, (y/n). I love you." She looked me straight in the eyes and smiled.

"I love you, too, Hugh. More than a friend." My expression brightened.

"R-really?" I asked. She nodded.

"I love you, honey. When you aren't sick, would you like to go out on a date with me?" I asked her.

"I would love to!" She giggled.

"Now you need to get better faster!"