Millard

"(Y/N)!" Enoch shouted, "come help me work on our army of homunculi!" I walked over to my best friend Enoch, with whom I share a peculiarity, and sat beside him under the cool shade of a tree my friend Fiona made just for us.

"Hello Enoch, what do you need help with?"

His brow furrowed. "Oh, I can't remem- oh! I remember now, could you go get some more mouse hearts from the basement?" I sighed and got up.

"Oh all right, but only because you're letting me bring them to life!" He began to protest, but I ran away before he could even say no!

I was running towards the door when I ran into something, or rather, someone. "Oh Millard, I'm so sorry!"

"That's alright, (Y/N), it's not like you can see me." He was wearing clothes, so I could see his clothes floating in mid-air.

"It's my fault. Oh! You dropped something, here, allow me." As I reached down to grab a small book that had been knocked to the ground, Millard shouted.

"No! I've got it! Y-you should go do whatever it is you needed to do. You seemed to be in quite a rush." I swiped the book from the ground and opened it. Millard tried to grab it, but I ran.

Dear (Y/N)

I am fully aware you will never read this, and quite frankly I am glad. I like you, and I hope you feel the same. Every time you're around me, I get butterflies in my stomach and my heart skips a beat! I know you like Enoch, everyone knows. That's why I don't have the guts to give you this letter or tell you in person. Only one person knows my secret, and that's Horace. I hope he hasn't told you. You are beautiful and perfect, and incredibly talented, plus have an astonishing amount of knowledge! I love looking at the Map of Days with you. It's my favorite time of the day. I love you so very much!

With love,

Millard Nullings

I was speechless. Does Millard like me? OMG OMG OMG! I've liked Millard for as long as I can remember!!!!! Only Enoch knows, and he- wait, did Millard say everyone thinks I like Enoch?! Oh gosh, now I know why everyone acts so weird around Enoch and me. I turn around to see Millard panting. "Mil, I don't know what to say." He sat down.

"Oh, I know. You don't like me back, you're secretly dating Enoch, and now I've embarrassed myself in front of the person I hold most dear." I cupped his face in my hands, he had a few tears running down his face, so I wiped them away.

"Mil, I like you. No, I love you!" Suddenly, I felt a pair of warm, sweet lips on mine, and I quickly kissed back. He smiled into the kiss as we broke away.

"Will you please be my girlfriend, (Y/N)?" I tackle him in a hug, blushing like mad.

"Of course, Mil!"

He grabbed my hands, as we got up. "I am now the happiest, and luckiest person in the entire universe! Thank you."

We walked hand in hand to mine and Enoch's tree, where Enoch was waiting for me. "Ah, finally! Wait, Millard?"

"Hello, Enoch."

"Enoch guess what! Mil asked me to be his girlfriend!" I squealed, engulfing Enoch in a large bear hug.

"Oh finally. Now I won't have to listen to you moping around and complaining about Millard not liking you." I blushed a scarlet red and felt Millard place a soft kiss on my cheek, then laughed a little.

"Oh shut up, O'Connor." I laughed.

"Wait, am I going to have to listen to you gushing about him now? Oh just kill me now!" He said, dramatically flopping to the ground. He sat up. "Did you ever get those hearts?" Whoops.

"Um, I'll be right back. Come on, Mil." I grabbed his hand and ran to grab the hearts.