Chapter thirteen

I wake up on a Saturday morning to see that the sun was barley up over the hill. I slip out of bed since I know I won't be able to fall back asleep once I now that morning is upon the camp. Slipping on some sweatpants and a sweatshirt, I get ready to go on a morning walk. I put in my converse and head out of the cabin, making sure not to wake up my brother. My shoes get slightly wet as the grass is covered in morning dew. The air was a bit cold but nothing I wasn't used to. Growing up in Wisconsin, the cold never bothers me. I run my hand through my messy hair to neaten it up a bit as I walk. My instinct of course is to head to the lake, but instead I head to the trees.  I find one that was good for climbing on the edge of the forest so I don't get eaten by any beast that roams the woods. I start to climb the tree. Putting my foot on a low branch and swinging my other foot up to a near by branch. Reaching up, I grab a higher branch with my left hand and pull myself up. I keep the pattern going until I was half way up the tree. I take a seat on a wide enough branch that will hold me without breaking. I sit there with on foot on the branch, with the knee bent upward. And the other leg dangling down. Since I didn't bring a book, I just sat there. Watching the sun rise behind the leaves of the tree. I rest my head against the trunk as my kind suddenly gets lost in thought. I think about the only person that has been on my mind for the past few days. Luke. Him confessing his love for me. His scar, his hair, his face. Everything about the handsome boy. The nightmare pops into my head as I think of the boy I loved. I begin to believe that it might happen. And of course I won't try to bring down the Gods and my father. I don't want to betray Luke either. It seemed he had no one to nurture him. Except for me.  And I was going to take that responsibility head on. But I didn't want to be too clingy either. I don't want to move too fast or smother him so he will loose feelings for me. I shake my head since I know I was overthinking everything. I sigh and rub my eyes with my hands. My head snaps up as I head a crack come from the ground. My eyes look to the forest floor as I watch for what made the noise. My eyes land on the blonde beauty. I instantly smile as I watch him walk under my tree. Luckily I was in a good enough spot where I was hidden. I quietly break off a small branch and toss it in his direction. It lands on his shoulder. In a split second he draws turns on his heal and draws his sword. A determined look in his beautiful eyes.

"Who's there?" He asks.

I toss another branch at him. This one hits his head and bounced off onto the ground. I hold back giggles. He turns back around. I climb down quietly and my feet hit the ground. I hide behind the tree as he spins back around. I smile slightly.

"Come out and face me" He snarled.

"I don't think you want me to" I smirk.

I poke my head around the tree and my sea green eyes make contact with his gorgeous blue ones. His eyes go from hard and determined to soft and happy at the sight of me.

"Don't do that Josie" he said putting his sword away.

I walk out from the tree and to Luke. He meets me in the middle and wraps his arm around my waist.

"Don't scare me like that" He said, our faces inches apart.

"But it was fun" I giggle.

He smiled. I wrap my arms around his neck as he pulls me closer. His face was so close to mine. Our breath mixed together as we just stood there, staring into each other's eyes.

Luke's eyes glance at my lips"Can I..."

"Please" escapes my lips softly.

His lips connected with mine. He kisses me passionately and sweet. His other arm wraps around my waist. The kiss sent sparks through me and butterflies in my stomach. Our lips move in perfect rhythm. We pull away and our eyes meet again. My face heats up.

"Was that better then death boys kiss?" He ask.

I nod. "Definitely....ya know since I actually have feelings...for you and such" I look away from him to hide my blush. He lifts his hand from my waist and cups my chin. He moves my face so we made eye contact again.

"I don't mean to ruin the moment but we should-" I was interrupted by the horn blowing for breakfast.

He nods agreeing with me. He pecks my lips one last time before we both head out of the forest. Hand in hand we walk back to camp.

"What were you doing out here?" He asks me as we walk.

"Just woke up early and I wanted to relax in a tree" I say. "What were you doing out here?" I ask.

"Just wanted to take a walk" He said. I could tell he was lying a little. But I didn't question it. "But I got to do something way better" he smiled.

"Yeah ya did" I realize something. "That was our first kiss" I say.

"Was it?" He asked "No, we kissed before"

"No we haven't. We have kissed each others cheeks and foreheads but not lips" I say.

"Yeah...you're right" he said realizing.

"I know" I say. We get to the dining hall and get in line for food as we talk. We get our food and separate from each other. I sit down at my table and start to eat. Percy was already by eating.

"Morning" Percy said.

"Morning" I say.

"Someone is in a good mood for the morning"

I was. I never normally spoke in the morning since I'm not a morning person. But I had a wonderful start of the day so of course I was in the mood to speak.

"Me and Luke has our first kiss" I say smiling as I ate.

"Um...Josie...I want to talk to you.." he said "About you and Luke" Percy said

"What about us?" I ask. I stop eating and I look at my brother's face who look troubled.