Chapter nineteen

Joseph quickly shuts the door to my bedroom. I nervously turn to face him again. He heads to my dresser. He opens the top drawer.
"So what do you need? Underwear? Socks?"
"Joseph" I say crossing my arms.
"An extra pare of shoes?" He heads to my closet. "Or a jacket?"
"Joseph" I repeat as he wondered around my room for whatever reason.
"Maybe a hoodie of mine. Or my hockey jersey? So you can have something to remember me by! I'll go get it!" He rushed to the door.
"Joseph!" I shout.
He stops in his tracks and turns to me.
"Come here." I say.
He nodded and walks to me. "Yes Jojo" he said softly.
"Do you like him or do you not?" I asked. He knew I was talking about Luke.
He takes a second before he nodded. "I do. He was so calm. I didn't like it. I need to intimidate your boy toys." He said.
"Two things, one he isn't my boy toy" I chuckled. "And two, he's a demigod. He ain't exactly a 13 year old boy."
"That's true. But yes I do like him. He looks strong and you seem to like him a lot. Remember our policy?" He asked.
"Yeah I remember. If he breaks my heart, fist to face, foot to balls. Then cry and eat ice cream."
"Good" he chuckled and hugs me again.
I hug him back tightly. "Thank you Joey. You're approval means the world to me. You know that."
He nodded but stayed quiet.
"What's wrong now?" I ask.
"I'm just worried about you and your quest." He said. "That's all."
"I'll be fine. I'm going with my half brother who has gone on many quests before and the man I love. We will protect each other. And plus, it's a quest for my father. He will see to it we are safe." I smiled.
He pulls away from me and looks into my eyes. I could tell that I convinced him. He nodded. "Alright Lovey. You two should go. Start this quest so you can make your father proud" he said.
I smiled and kisses his cheek. "Thank you Joey." I pull away from him fully. I walk to the chest at the foot of my bed. I open it slowly and take out the small stuffed animal. It was a stuffed killer whale. My favorite animal since I was little. It was only a foot long but she was my favorite. I named her Luna. I quickly put her into my duffel bag.
"Of course you came for Luna. Why didn't you pack her before?" He asked.
"I guess I didn't want to. Or I forgot about her." I say turning to him after closing my chest. "What about that hockey jersey?" I asked.
"Right away!" He rushed to his room.
I chuckled and took one last look at my room before I closed the door. I walked to the kitchen. Luke has a mug in his hand. Aunt May must have made him something. The two were chatting while they were in the kitchen. Luke was smiling softly as the two spoke. I was glad he was getting along with my family. Joseph appeared next to me with his collage hickey jersey in his hands. I always wore it when I was sad. Like when I missed home. I grab it and smiled.
"Thank you" I put it into my duffel bag and I walk to the kitchen. "Alright Luke, we gotta meet Percy soon." I say.
Luke turns to me. He takes one last drink from his mug. It must have been hot coco or something.
"Coming Jo" he said and puts his cup aside. "Thank you Miss.Johnson" he said sweetly to my aunt.
"You are very welcome. Take care of her ok?" Aunt May said.
He nodded. "I promise May. She will be fine." He said. "I think she'll be the one taking care of us." He chuckled and glanced at me.
"Let's go love" I say smiling.
"Coming" Luke was about to go when aunt May stops him. And she hugs him. It warmed my heart to see it. I had no idea what the two talked about but May seemed to really like him. Joseph gave me one more quick hug before aunt May rushed to me and hugs me too. She practically squeezed the life out of me. Before long Joseph adds into the hug. For a moment, I didn't want to leave. I wanted to spend the rest of my life being crushed by the ones who love me. But I needed to help my father. I pull away from them.
"Bye May, Bye Joey. I love you both. I'll stop by again before I head back to camp, after my quest" I say. They both nodded and shoed me and Luke off before we get too deep into goodbyes. Me and Luke were walking down the hall when I realized something. The reason why he was so calm and collected when talking to Joseph must be because he was used to the overprotective brother, Percy.

The taxi stopped at Montauk beach. We paid the driver before we get out of the taxi. My eyes scanned the beach for Percy. But no sign of him yet. He could be on his way. I held the strap of my duffel bag.
"Where's Jackson?" Luke asked as she walked to the beach.
"He's probably swimming, or on his way. Or just out of sight." I said.
He nodded. "He better be here soon." He said.
We walked in the beach and I took a deep breath of the salty air. It felt like home. Well it was home. It calmed me too. Just like it did with the lake. But this was the ocean. I couldn't help but keep walking, even after Luke stopped to look around for Percy. I walked to the edge of the water and I stand right at the water line. The waves lapped at my converse and the sound calmed me. I had wondered what my father would say, about the quest.
"Jackson! There you are!" I hear Luke's voice call out. I turn to see Percy walking to him.
"Sorry, my mom wouldn't let me go." He said.
I chuckled. "Same with aunt May and Joseph." I walked to them and Percy turns to me.
"They haven't seen us in a while have they?" He chuckled.
"Exactly. Well let's get to the water. The hippocampus should be here soon" he said.
I nodded and take Luke's hand. We walk to the water. We all go into the water up to our ankles. Soon two hippocampus heads poke out of the water and they swim closer to us. Showing their backs, heads and necks. They couldn't come too close. Since we were in very shallow waters.
I smile and my eyes light up. "Hello!" I smile and walk closer to them. So does Percy and Luke.
"There's only two" Percy said.
"I can go with Jo." Luke said.
I nodded. "Come on." I climb into the back of one and Luke climbs in behind me. We adjusted so our bags where comfortably on the hippocampus. They both turn once we were settled. It threw Luke off a little. He quickly grabs my waist, wrapping his arms around me quickly.
"Hang on love." I say smiling. He nods and holds into me. The hippocampus' submerge us under the water. I made it to Luke could breath and was dry as me and Percy was. The two beautiful sea creatures descended into the ocean.