Chapter Nine

In a normal game of capture the flag, it's slow at first until someone gets the guts to actually do something. Well that's how it was at my old school. This is Camp Half-blood and we aren't normal kids. We don't play a normal game of capture the flag. For about 15 minuets, Emma and I were chasing away campers left and right. Then Andrew made the horrible decision to try to get the flag from us.We stand there watching each other's moves.
"You gonna do anything? Or are you to scared to?" I say.
"Me, scared of you?" He chuckles "Not. A. Chance."
His feet were wide and his broad shoulders where showing confidence. His biceps were very visible under him tight long sleeve shirt and his forehead was glistening with sweat. He takes out his sword and we start to fight. I was at a "slight" disadvantage with me having only a dagger. I dodge as he slashes towards me. I stab towards him, he deflects my blade. We move around so much that we end up close to the creek. I was just about to jab at his arm, when something scratches my calf. I yell in pain and crumble to the ground. The pain makes its way up my leg. I look at the wound.There is a 5 inch long horizontal gash on my calf.I look up and around for what caused it. I spot one of the children of Apollo with his bow in one hand and his other covering his mouth. He must have tried to shot someone else then got me by accident.
"Josie! Are you ok?" Andrew says as he kneels next to me. "I'll go get Chiron." Just like that he was off.
I needed to get to the water. It could heal me. I try to scoot closer to the creek but when I move, pain shoots through my leg and I stop. I lay down in defeat. I hear a crowd of cheering. I look to see Luke with a grin on his face and the other teams flag in his fist. I smile a little. A wave of pain shoots through my leg. My smile turns into gritted teeth and my eyes are shut tight. I hear someone running towards me. Someone kneels next to me. I open my eyes to see it's Luke. He scans my body for an injury. He spots the wound on my leg. I feel him push the leg of my jean up so it is scrunched up just under my knee. I wince in pain as he dose so. I shut my eyes as my vision starts to get blurry. All of a sudden I feel an arm under my knees and my back.I'm lifted from the ground. I open my eyes to see Luke carefully carrying me bridle style. To the infirmary? He starts to lower me down. Water touches my black combat boots. He sets me down with my feet in the water. The cool water runs up my leg and over the gash. It began to heal. The pain slowly dies out and I begin to have a bit more energy. I open my eyes. I look at my calf and see the water over it. The blood slowly disappears. Then the water disappears. All that is left is a scar. Luke looks at me and smiles. I smile back. I start to stand up. The water fully heals me so I could stand up with ease, but Luke's arms were still out stretched just in case. I'm tackled by a Ande bear hug as soon as I stand up fully.
" I'm so glad your ok!" He says in my ear.
"Me too."
"I don't know what I would do without you"
"You wouldn't be able to survive. Plus, I don't think an arrow to the leg would kill me that fast."
He chuckles in my ear. He gives me one last squeeze and let's me go. I walk over to Luke.
"Thanks for bringing me to the water." I say.
He just smiled. I don't know what I should do. Should I hug him, or kiss him on the cheek or just give him a handshake? I decided to hug him. I close the gab between us and hug him. At first he dose nothing, then he hugs me back. His arms were strong and protective.
"I haven't felt a hug in so long." He says in my ear.
I chose right. We separate. He puts his hands in his pocket.
" You also won capture the flag for us." I say.
He leans in close and whispers in my ear. "It's not the first time."
I feel his breath on my neck and his lips brush against my ear a few times as he spoke. I blush a little. Not because of what he said, but because of his lips touching my ear.
"Alright campers! Back to your cabins. It's lights out in 15 minuets." Chiron yelled.
We all start to walk to the cabins. I see my dagger on the ground where me and Andrew were fighting. I pick it up and put it back in the holster.
We get back to the cabins and me and Luke stop before the Hermes cabin.
"Was it a good first day being alive again?" I ask, making sure no one could hear me.
"Yeah. It was pretty good."
"That's good. Alright, well, good night"
"Night Josie." He walks into his cabin and I rush to mine. I walk in and Percy is already ready for bed.
"That new Hermes kid is pretty good at capture the flag huh?!" He said when I walk in.
"Yeah. He's pretty good." I say.
I get out my pajamas and quickly change. I leave my hair down and hop in bed. When I hit the mattress is when I actually realized that I was exhausted. I lay down. I decide to not write about today. I can do that tomorrow when I have free time.
"Night Percy." I say.
"Night Josie."