Arena of Carnage

The Galran watched as Lance was taken away and placed on the Galra ship. He soon turned to face his mother, the person who evidently turned Lance in.
"You knew all along he was a Paladin. . . why did you lie?" Keith spoke with a shaky voice as endless thoughts wondered through his head.
Mrs. Kogane chuckled and placed a hand on her hip while glaring, soon intimidating the young Galran.
"You lied first, Keith. You assumed I had forgotten because of the strike on the head, which I did. But didn't you remember the cameras Galran ships have? They are all over the ship and all it took was for me to go searching who assaulted me and took you. Simple as that." The Galran woman spoke with a solemn and stern voice.
Keith looked down and clutched his fists in anger and self-hatred. He hated himself for getting Lance captured, he was angry with his mother for calling the Galra troops; yet in the end, it was his stupidity for absetmindly forgetting the cameras. He soon looked up to face his mother, eyes sharp and his facial expression changed to a more serious and stern look like his mother's.
"He's my friend. For the first time, I've gotten close to another person. He makes me happy. I'm sorry I lied, I knew if I told you he was a Paladin, you wouldn't approve." Keith said with a unfaltering tone.
"Keith. . . ." Mrs. Kogane mumbled, soon taking a seat and running his hand through her hair.
Keith then stood in front of her and kept his stern stare.
"I know you think all Paladins are evil. But everything isn't so black and white in reality. This Paladin is different, just like some Galra are different. I'm seeing that now, and the ones who taught me this are the Paladins. . . ." Keith finished before the last couple words was said softly, his mind instantly racing to Lance and what could be going on.
Mrs. Kogane sat in silence as she heard her son's heartfelt words and how much Lance meant to him. Unable to really respond to such a statement, she stayed silent. Keith sighed in defeat, knowing that talking to her would do no good. The young Galran walked away from his mother and up the stairs to his room. Inside, Keith took a seat on the bed with a loud, exasperated sigh. The Galran pondered on the many mistakes he made just in the last couple of hours; mainly the most selfish which was when he brought Lance here. Keith was torn on what to do; either he had to go against his mother, or save the boy he dragged here in the first place. His mother wasn't any help, her silence said it all on how she felt about Keith's words.
"This was my fault. . . now I'm going to fix it."
Keith thought to himself finally, getting rid of any hindering thoughts as he readied himself for what was to come. He quickly sat up and changed his clothes, soon heading for the window and opening it. He knew the drop wasn't far, and he couldn't risk having his mom spot him. In a quick action, Keith hopped down from the window and ran full speed until he was out of sight. The Galran caught his breath while thinking about his next task. Suddenly, he felt a tap on his shoulder and he quickly turned around to see who it was. The man in front of him was a Galran; his grayish hair was in a braid, his right eye revealed a large scar and from his appearance he seemed older. Keith had never seen this Galran around before, usually everyone here isn't a new face.
"Don't tell Krolia I gave you this information. . . but your friend, Lance, is in the Arena of Carnage as we speak." The mysterious Galran informed Keith, puzzling him severely.
Keith wasn't absorbing the information he was given. Arena of Carnage? It sounds like a torture unit. Did the Galra always have such evil methods? Does this mean the Paladins were in fact telling the truth about the majority of Galra? Keith didn't have time to think, he had to act.
"I see. Do you know where this place is? I have to save him."
The Galran nodded and gave Keith a small disc-like device, yet when tapped in the center a map would be revealed.
"It's there, right at the red dot. But, it's a heavily guarded fortress, you won't be able to get through this on your own." He spoke solemnly as he stared at Keith.
The Galran still was determined, nothing would change his mind from saving Lance.
"I'll manage. Thank you for the information, Mr. . . ?" Keith still hadn't gotten the Galran's name, so he waited for him to fill in the gap.
"Just call me Kolivan. If you need support, you call me by pressing the back of the disc." Kolivan said as he pointed towards Keith's device.
Keith looked on the back of the device and saw a similar center piece like on the front.
"Tap this. It will alert my device and reveal your location. The Blade of Mamora stand with you, Keith."
Before Keith had a time to question what the "Blade of Mamora" were, Kolivan began walking away, leaving the young Galran the opportunity to only mutter another thank you. Keith again washed away any clouding thoughts, even if Kolivan was odd, the important thing was the information he provided. Keith ran full speed to where he left his Paladin pod, the one him and Lance used. Luckily for the Galran, it was still there and in tact. Keith didn't waste any time, the Galran hopped in the pod and started it up. He turned on the map and launched the ship upwards, engines on full blast as he broke through the atmosphere. Keith kicked the ship up to it's highest engine speed, seeing how the arena wasn't far.
"Don't worry, Lance. I'll get you out of this, I promise."
. . .
Lance was being escorted off the Galran ship, being shoved by the soldiers as they laughed. To them, Lance was nothing and therefore they could do whatever they would want. One soldier was getting too close to Lance for comfort, causing the Paladin to speed up as he followed the Galran soldier in front of him. The Galran soldier lead Lance to a huge dome-like room, the said dome was full of seats which formed a circle along the dome walls and Galran citizens filled each one. In the center of the dome was a stage, lights shining down on the sandy ground as well as the warriors on it. Of course, there was a section which people can walk into that wasn't occupied by seats; exactly the same walkthrough Lance was being lead to, straight towards the center of the dome. Lance stuidied the warriors in the center, who were brutally fighting one another. One was definitely Galran, while the other was from a different race that Lance had never seen before. Soon, it became abundantly clear to Lance what he was being set up to do; forced to fight for his life. Lance watched in horror as the Galran soldier was beaten to a pulb, his blood was sprayed across the dirt as the muscular brute stood triumphant. He looked deformed almost, his skin a pale green but his eyes were almost as crimson as the defeated Galran's blood. Using just his huge fists, the brute was declared the victor as the Galran warrior was picked up on a stretcher and carried out. "Was he dead? Is that going to happen to me?" Lance inquired to himself of his current situation. But, the Paladin had no time to think as he shoved forcefully.
"Your turn. Win for me, okay hun?" The pervert soldier from earlier whispered close to Lance's ear, causing him to recoil with disgust and slowly inch forward.
His legs were shaking and his brow was now covered in sweat as trepidation began to overtake him. He looked up at the brute and gulped, the warrior easily outsizing him. Soon, a loud horn was heard as the crowd began cheering and yelling various praises. Lance's legs started to shake as he barely was able to keep his stance. He usually had his weapons, but of course they were back at the castle since the Paladin had no chance to grab anything before Keith grabbed him. The brute's fist itself was a weapon of it's own, leaving Lance utterly defenseless. The male figured the horn was a sign that the battle was going to start, whether he was ready or not. The warrior clutched his fists together and brought them down towards Lance, giving him only a few seconds to run away behind the brute. The Paladin tried to do a quick couple of forceful kicks but the warrior seemed to be unfazed. Before Lance could plan his next course of action, he was hit by the brute's huge fists that seemed to come out of no where. Lance was surprised that someone so big could turn around and hit that quick. The male was now sprawled out of the ground, pain radiating throughout his body just from one punch. As the brute began to approach Lance for another blow, the Paladin was able to get up and charged at him with a yell. With a plan already thought out, Lance readied himself as the warrior aimed his fist at the male. Lance was able to quickly side step and dodge the blow, putting all of his force into an uppercut punch right into the warrior's elbow. The Paladin put so much force behind his punch, he knew he felt something snap in the brute's elbow. Soon, the man was howling in pain but his other fist came at Lance with immense speed. The Paladin took the blow only to grab his fist and try his best to hold it in place while he forcefully headbutted his opponent. This action of course caused Lance to feel beyond dizzy, the crowd roaring fading slightly beginning to fade and become distorted. Before the Paladin even had a chance to react, he was punched again in his lower abdomen. Lance fell to the ground instantly, a trail of blood leaving his mouth as he groaned in agony. The brute towered above him, his foot rising up as he was getting ready to crush Lance. Yet somehow, Lance got a second wind and let out loud yell as he punched his opponent's foot with all his might. Even though it was a last ditch effort, somehow the punch was able to blast the warrior back and make him hit the audience stand. Lance and the audience were dumbfounded by the overwhelming power the frail human displayed.
"How was that possible? It was like. . . I felt the Blue Lion."
Lance knew that a Paladin's bond with it's lion was special and unique, but could it's power be transferred temporarily to it's Paladin? Before the male had time to think, he fell to the ground and went unconscious.
. . .
The Cuban boy awoke in a dark room, the ground he sat up from being cold and hard. His body sore and bruised from the fight, but also from the so-called "rest" he received. It was evident to Lance that he was now in a dungeon. He didn't remember much but he knew that somehow he miraculously won the fight, using the power of the Blue Lion. Lance still didn't know how that was possible, but he figured it would be something he'd ask Allura. Soon, a knock was heard that startled the male, causing him to scoot back into a corner. Lance timidly asked who was there, and the door opened to reveal his guest. There, he saw Keith, who walked over and bent down to come in eye contact with him. He looked worried and scared, his eyes meeting Lance's for a long time before he looked behind him cautiously. He then turned back towards Lance and spoke in a whisper.
"Come on, Lance. I'm getting you out of here. You're safe now."