Interrogation

Lance wasn't the best at questioning the enemy, matter of a fact he was terrible at it. When Allura asked him if he could interrogate their Galra prisoner, he was very reluctant. Even if he was the one that helped capture him, questioning was something he was terrible at. But of course, the Blue Paladin agreed because he didn't want to disappoint Allura. Meanwhile, Shiro and the others were helping Coran clean up after their recent battle with the Galra.

They didn't accomplish anything besides getting this prisoner. Lance hoped he would give them some details, but the Galra just giving away information is something they have never encountered. And why send the most laid back guy to handle such a serious matter? Why couldn't they have waited and questioned this Galra themselves? All these questions rattled around in Lance's brain. Yet he continued to walk to the middle of the Castle, where they hold people.

It hasn't been used at all, of course, they planned to use it on Zarkon if they could have reached him, but capturing this Galra was the closest they could get to Zarkon himself. Lance looked ahead and saw the Galra prisoner, his gaze fixated at his shoes. The Galran wasn't the nicest looking person, he was cruel-looking and his hair was almost in an 'emo style'. Not to mention his fangs would pop out every couple seconds, as if showing Lance he wasn't someone to be messed with.

The Paladin continued his walk to the prisoner nonetheless and stopped in front of his containment chamber. The chamber was practically unbreakable, but again it hasn't been tested fully. Lance hoped the Galran wouldn't break out, at least while he was in charge of him. The Paladin cleared his throat, prepared to start the interrogation, the Galran looked up at Lance not paying attention to him in the least.

"So. . . um. . . hello. I'm Lance the--" The Galran cut him off.

"I know. I heard from other Galra. Are you going to start the questions already?"

Even the Galran's voice was harsh, matching his appearance. Lance cleared his throat again and played with his hair nervously.

"Well yes. I'd like to know Zarkon's plan. . . once he gets the lions, what is he going to do?"

The Galran chuckled and shook his head, "Isn't it obvious? He is going to continue ruling the universe."

Lance knew from the tone of his voice that he was being sarcastic or he was lying, either way, it wasn't the real answer.

"There's another reason than just that. . . Allura seems to think Voltron is the only thing that can beat Zarkon and that once he has it he'll be safe. . . but that can't be the only thing. There's something else."

The Galran didn't say anything and continued to keep his scowl. What was Lance supposed to do? He wasn't the smartest one in the bunch, so thinking of what to do with him was almost impossible.

"Look, whether you like it or not, you're staying in here until you start speaking." Lance tried to sound menacing but it didn't really work.

The Galran nodded and went to the corner of the chamber, his eyes closing in content. Lance growled in frustration and stomped out of the room, not even caring about questioning him any more.

"Damn, how did they think I could do that!?" Lance shouted to himself, walking to the lounge area and sitting on the circle couch. He was soon joined by his fellow comrade, Pidge, who had brought the whole gang along to check on Lance's progress. The Cuban male told them of his failed attempt, which they seemed to understand considering they knew it wasn't going to be easy. Yet a comment from Allura seemed to really bug him the most.

"Maybe we should have had Pidge or Shiro do the interrogation? After all, they have really good smarts and Shiro should be the best at it considering all he went through."