Escape

As Allura told the team of their escaped Galran prisoner, the lions quickly regained their stance and shook off their daze.
"What can we do? These sentries aren't stopping so it will be hard for one of us to grab Keith. Without Shiro, there would only be two lions to fight!" Pidge said, her lion spinning past two ships and destroying them from behind.
Soon, a blue and powerful blast destroyed several sentry ships. The team looked ahead to see it was definitely coming from the castle.
"We will help! One of you take care of the prisoner!" Allura shouted, readying another blast as the team agreed.
Lance rushed forward, taking control of who should go and left the other lions behind.
"I'll take care of him, be safe you guys!" Lance shouted after his comrades.
Lance hopped out of his lion when he was close to the castle and slipping in one of the doors. He had his bayard at his side, soon drawing it which made it transform into a blue gun. Lance held the weapon close to him as he looked back and forth at each corner, trying to listen and look out for the Galran. Once he neared the containment area, he knew Keith had to be close. He took small steps, trying to hide his presence as he looked for any sign of him. Suddenly, Lance was grabbed and held down by a pair of arms. Keith held Lance down by pushing down on his chest, the Galran growling with hate.
"Don't move. . . ." Keith growled in Lance's ear, causing him to shiver in fear.
Lance obliged, dropping his weapon and giving in to Keith. Keith kicked his gun away, growling more as he kept Lance pinned down.
"They sent you to capture me? Pathetic." Keith chuckled, causing Lance to glare and struggle against his stronghold.
"I'm more capable than you think! You aren't going to get away!" Lance yelled in anger, still being pinned by the Galran.
Keith just smirked and soon dug his claws into Lance's stomach, causing him to yell in pain.
"D-damn. . . ." The boy cursed, wincing in pain.
Lance tried his best to look for an opening, something that would help him get out of this; but he found nothing.
"You Paladins. . . so evil and full of hate, threatening my family! Well, not anymore." Keith spoke in a menacing voice.
Keith took out his blade and flashed it in front of Lance's face, causing him to whimper and struggle even more against Keith's hold. But it was useless as he was only pinned down with more force.
"N-No. . . please. . . ." Lance pleaded with the Galran, but Keith didn't listen and rose his blade, aiming it at Lance's chest.
"We aren't evil, I swear we only--"
Keith growled quickly moved the blade along Lance's neck, causing Lance's words to cease as he gulped in fear.
"So that's why you tricked me? Why you guys are attacking a Galran ship? You lie. . . ." Keith mumbled with a hateful voice.
Keith dug the side of the blade with force into Lance's neck, causing him to whimper and a trail of blood pour from the small incision.
Lance began to shake in fear, thinking of the worst outcome of this. He was scared he'd never see his family again, that he'd never go back to Earth at all or save the universe from Zarkon.
"I'm sorry. . . ." Lance mumbled, a tear rolling down his cheek.
The Paladin braced for the cold blade to cut into him and end his life-- but nothing happened.
Keith sighed and removed the blade, standing up and looking at Lance with a look of. . . mercy?
"I'm leaving. Don't you follow me." Keith said as he opened the airlock.
The Galran got in and looked at a shocked Lance who laid dumbfounded on the ground, staring up at the Galran who spared him. He stood up, walking over to the airlock window as Keith stared back at him. Keith didn't know why he saved him, or why he felt bad. Actually, maybe it was because Lance looked a lot like him; a kid with no hope and the desire to go back home. Keith was soon sent off into space, the airlock alarm sounding throughout the castle. Lance was trying to process what happened as he grabbed his bayard, running out of the castle and back into his lion.
"Lance? Did you leave through the airlock?" Allura asked, still firing off blasts towards the sentry ships.
Lance sighed and rubbed his temple as he looked down and prepared to reveal his failure. Soon, he looked back up before firing his lion towards the ships.
"No, Keith did. He had me pinned and got away." Lance admitted, knowing that he was more of a screw up than before.
He heard the team almost sigh simultaneously, probably just checking off the Lance screw up list; or at least this is how Lance viewed it.
"Now we have a Galran on the loose who probably has a vendetta. . . perfect." Pidge said, still firing her blasts at the ships.
Lance had a dismal look, sighing before he tried to erase his self doubting thoughts and continue to shoot at the ships.
"Shiro? Shiro where are you, we can't keep this up much longer!" Allura shouted, trying to get the leader's attention.
. . .
Shiro was tossed back into a wall, almost attacked by a huge fist that belonged to a muscular Galran, his features very cruel like and one of his arms was robotic, obviously made from Galra tech.
"So you are one of the Paladins who attacked my ship. . ." He spoke in a deep and hateful voice, launching his arm at Shiro which he barely managed to dodge.
"Sendak. . . ."
Shiro heard Allura's voice, not being able to answer before he was almost hit again with Sendak's fist. Shiro didn't see any way out, he was fast yet strong; a terrible combination. The Paladin still had to try nonetheless and so he readied himself for a fight. He charged up his arm, running with powerful speed and slicing his arm upwards at Sendak's upper body. The buff Galran grunted and dodged the attack, trying to grab Shiro's arm but the Paladin kicked the Galran's leg which knocked him off balance. Shiro quickly took the chance, running with all of his speed to the cargo area. Sendak's fist was launched at Shiro again, but luckily a passing sentry was in the way and Shiro slid under the robot, letting Sendak grab the robot instead as Shiro went free. He breathed heavily as he ran, seeing on his map that the Red Lion was close. He saw the door up ahead, putting his hand upon the sensor to open it and he went in. Inside, he saw the many items the Galra collected, and among them, towards the back of the spacious storage like room, was the Red Lion.
"Guys. . . I'm okay, I found the lion. But Sendak is onto me and I need a fast way out!" Shiro shouted with urgency.
Unfortunately, the team was so busy with the sentry ships so they were busy defending the castle and holding them off. Shiro growled in frustration as he tried to think of a plan, his normally natural strategic thoughts not coming quick enough. Suddenly, the door kicked down with a harsh force by Sendak himself, his fist grabbing Shiro by the throat before he could react.
"Damn Paladins. . . ." The Galran growled as Shiro struggled but it was futile, he was beginning to turn blue.
Yet, just as he was beginning to fade out of consciousness, the Black Lion roared and blasted through the cargo room. The force from the space air outside pouring inside the room caused Sendak to drop Shiro from the shock. Shiro took this chance to run, trying his best to keep his footing as the air was blasting the various objects around the room. The Galran tried to regain his stance, but he was quickly blasted by the Black Lion and shot backward into the wall. Shiro quickly ran to his Lion, smiling and patting the controls.
"Thank you. . . ." He mumbled, soon making the lion latch onto the Red Lion.
The Black Lion pulled it out of the exploding ship, flying out of the ship and towards the castle. Shiro sped full speed with the Red Lion, out of the ship just seconds before it exploded. The remaining sentry ships were taken down by the team and the explosion, as Shiro reunited with the group and brought the lion on board the castle.
. . .
Lance and the others gathered in the main control area, discussing their somewhat victory, though the fact that Keith escaped was an issue.
"We have to find Keith immediately, there is no time," Allura spoke as she began looking through the nearby planets.
"Why is finding him so important?" Lance mused and he was greeted with a "this is your fault" look from Allura.
She then sighed and looked at a small dot on her map, seemingly the Galran they were searching for.
"Because, once the lion was near I had a feeling, the same one I felt when I met you all. Keith, he is the Paladin of the Red Lion. . . ."