Song #9

🎧

MY HEART WAS BEATING fast. I was standing outside our classroom like a lost puppy. I didn't have the guts to enter because I knew that Kim Mingyu was going to be waiting for me there.

     Last night, I found out that Jun was right, and Mingyu actually was confessing to me. Maybe that's the reason why he was asking if I liked Jun, and why he looked so happy when I said that I didn't.

    Seriously, everything is just happening way too fast. I can't believe someone actually confessed to me, and in such a weird way too. Who even confesses to someone through Playlist?

     Anyways, I should just go inside the room. Nothing's going to happen if I cower out here, right?

     "Hang in there Jeon Wonwoo." I encourage myself, finally entering the classroom with no fear. But when I got inside, Kim Mingyu was nowhere to be found.

     "Huh? Where the hell is he?" I ask myself while looking around the room to see if I actually just didn't see him, which was quite impossible since Kim Mingyu is too tall to not be noticed by anyone.

     "Looking for me?" A low voice suddenly whispers near my ear, making me shiver.

     I turn my head, immediately regretting it when I realized that Mingyu's face was only a few inches away from mine.

     My face gets hot so I push Mingyu away from me with no hesitation.

     "Good morning...Jeon Wonwoo." He greets, moving close to me again.

     I gulp and stare back at his eyes, but when I felt like I was going to literally melt by how he was staring at me, I quickly looked away and went inside the room to avoid him.

     This is not good. My heart is going crazy. I think I might faint.

     "Jeon Wonwoo!" Mingyu immediately calls out when I ran away from him.

     I continue to ignore him as I sat down on my chair, pretending like I wasn't hearing anything. I was supposed to wear my headphones to just finally block everything that Mingyu might say to me, but Mingyu rushes to my side and puts my headphones down for me.

     "So, did you listen to my playlist?" He asks, his face once again so close to mine.

     I gulp for the second time, and for the second time, I pushed him away.

     Mingyu was about to say something, but the teacher arrives, asking everyone to sit down.

     Mingyu doesn't say anything anymore and sits down on his proper seat. I glance at him, and Mingyu actually looked embarrassed. I didn't mean to make him feel  that way. I'm just embarrassed myself. The most popular guy in school just told me he likes me. A GUY. How on earth am I even going to react to that?

     "I...I heard it. Your playlist." I finally tell him with a low and soft voice so no one else could hear me.

     Mingyu immediately looks my way. I clear my throat and awkwardly scratch the back of my head before finally looking back at him.

     "I...liked it." I say, and a smile immediately forms on his face, making me smile now too.

     Both of us looked away from each other at the same time. But the entire period, we were like idiots, smiling and glancing at each other, hoping no one could see our ears burning like fire.

...

"What? You're eating lunch with you clubmates? No, you can't do this to me Jun." I tell Jun through the phone.