Song #6

🎧

"YOU'RE PRECIOUSSTAR? YOU'RE THE person who makes those awesome playlists?" I ask him, and Mingyu just laughs and takes my phone, checking all the playlists that I downloaded from him.

    "I'm glad you find them awesome. And yes, I started making those playlists during my freshmen year. I found interest in music at that time since I was able to listen to a good song from a friend before." Mingyu explains, then he suddenly adds, "Wow, most of your playlist are made by me, I'm touched."

     The sudden embarrassment finally kicks in. I immediately snatch the phone from his hand so he wouldn't be able to see anything else.

     Mingyu laughs, and then I remembered the first day in school.

     "Wait, is that why you knew I was listening to Longview at that time?" I ask him.

     Mingyu was thinking about it, trying to remember what I was talking about. And when he did remember, he starts smiling again, "I knew the song by the way you were tapping to the beat. But I didn't know it was from my playlist. I told you, I like that song." He explains, his eyes now locked on mine.

     I gulp, but I couldn't look away from him.

     Mingyu leans a little closer towards me. When he was only a few inches away from me now, he continues, "And when I like something...I try my best to know every inch about it."

     "Jeon Wonwoo! Dinner's ready!" My little brother suddenly interrupts from outside my bedroom door.

     Mingyu grins and moves away from me. I was still stuck in a loop, so I wasn't able to move yet. Mingyu chuckles and shows me his hand, "You okay?" He teases.

    I push his hand away and run down the stairs. My heart beating like crazy, like it's about to explode any second.

     Seriously, this is not how I expected my day would be. You can't keep on doing this to me fate. Stop screwing me up like this.

...

The next day I was staring at the ceiling early in the morning. Today's playlist is called 'Stress Down Playlist', and yes, I'm ashamed to say it but it's also a playlist that Kim Mingyu compiled. Who would have thought that it would be him though? Isn't it strange that our paths somehow already crossed before we even knew it ourselves?

     Hwasa & Loco's 'Don't' plays, occupying my head with the suave beat of the music.

     First there's the issue with Kim Mingyu, now there's this thing going on with my best friend. I seriously don't know what to think about first. I'm too confused to even move.

"It's dangerous, a close call

Holding on by a thread

But you're trying to cut it with scissors

I don't need your favor

I don't have much patience

I can only see it as a temptation

Don't come to me, don't

Don't cross the line, please

Don't give me alcohol, don't

I might try to make it work with you if drunk"

     Last night when Mingyu was here, he told me something.

     "Call Wen Junhui first. Then we'll talk more." He told me before he and his father left.

      My own father interrogated me afterwards but my mind was just going around in circles at that time. Who would have thought that I'd be thinking about all these things now? I was just a normal closeted gay boy living a normal life, now I'm in bad terms with my best friend and at the same time I'm blushing over the most popular guy in school. How is that even possible? Why is my life suddenly turning into those typical romantic films?