1.1

Suddenly I was awake, and the sound of my alarm sent me jolting up. Quickly, I slapped my blaring phone alarm so that it would silence itself. I placed both my hands to cover my face, and was soon filled with bitter agony for waking up.
"ugh."
I sat up in my bed, my arms outstreched behind me, propping myself up in my twin bed.  My hair danced around the angles of my face fresh and volumized from my sleep. I ran my fingers through my hair and pushed it backwards, leaning my head on my shoulder and looking out the window.
The rising sun made its way up across the sky. Waves of pink, orange, and yellow painted itself against the canvas of the sky. Spots of white fluff placed themselves across the way like stickers on a book. If waking up wasn't my least favorite thing to do, I'd wake up a thousand times to see this every morning.
But, finally, it was time to snap back to reality and start this day. It was a friday at least, last day of work this week, tomorrow off, and tonight a friend and I are seeing Post Malone perform. The thought brought a smile to my face. I've been waiting 2 years for him to come back and play in New York, and finally I get to go.
I found my way into my kitchen, wearing a pair of underwear and a tank top. I grabbed myself a cup of coffee I made. I leaned against my counter and sipped my mug.
"Post Malone."
I thought to myself gingerly. Having had the biggest crush on him for the past 3 years. Imagine, going to the concert and getting to talk to him. I bit my lip and smiled at the thought of having an opportunity to see him face to face. I was snapped out of my thoughts when my boyfriend walked into the kitchen from the bathroom.
"Hey Mel"
I smiled and set my mug down.
"Morning"
He and I had a special bond. We've loved each other for such a long time. Been together for 9 years. We didn't live together, but that was fine. The occasional sleep over was always loved. We've been entangled in this weird rut that became our love life for the past few weeks. I hoped it would pass.
"Are you excited to see the love of your life Post Malone tonight?" he asked me sarcastically, knowing I have a thing for him.
"You don't even know how excited I am."  I retorted.
"What time are you and Sam going?" he asked as he was getting himself a cup of my coffee.
I took a sip of my coffee and glanced over at him.
"She'll meet me here and we'll probably leave around 6 or 7"
He nodded at me.
"Well I've got to get going for work" he said, quickly giving me a kiss and heading for the front door.
"I love you, Mel."
I smiled
"I love you too"

At about 4 pm I was leaving the buidling that I work in. My phone chimed.

Sam🥭💖: Excited???!! I'm leaving my house in a few to come over!

I quickly replied "sounds good" and hurried down the subway steps, pushing my hair back behind my ear. If I get home by 530 I can still attempt to look good.
Soon, my train came and I was finally headed home to begin my night.

I heard a loud knock on my door, and stood up from my position on the floor. I was straightening my hair. I opened my front door to an excited Sam, rushing into my apartment with her phone in her hands.
"I have been monitoring his twitter hashtags all day. Just to make sure we aren't missing anything."
I smiled.
"Don't worry, it's all going to be great, we aren't going to miss anything."
She set her phone down and began to put a pair of earrings on.
"This is just so exciting, I still remember you babbling about him nonsensically like it was yesterday. Like, oh this is my soulmate blah blah"
I cringed at that thought, but remember myself just the same way. I put my first three fingertips against my forehead embarrassed.
"Yeah I remember that too." I laughed anyways. "I'm so stupid." I chuckled and applied my false lashes.
"We've all been there. I'm pretty sure I would still do about half of my teenage crushes."
Sam stood up and walked to my fridge and grabbed herself a cup of water.
"We're going to pregame before we go right?"
I raised an eyebrow and signaled her to open my bottom cabinets on my island.
"In there, Obviously we have to get fucked up, otherwise why go at all. It wouldn't be a Post Malone concert if we didnt go under anykind of influence."
On that note, I pulled out a freshly made blunt. I placed it in between my lips and lit it up. Inhaling a few pulls to make sure it was fully lit.
"This is what I needed after today"
Sam looked over at me.
"Bad day?" She pouted
"Eh its just everyday, So boring. It's just the same shit. I'm stuck in this rut that just keeps going in circles." I rolled my eyes.
She nodded at me taking a shot of Jack.
"I get that"
Another shot.
"Don't worry, tonight is going to bring you back to life. I feel it."
I laughed, she took another shot.
"I sure hope so, I don't know how much longer I can do this life"
She took one last shot before lifting me off the ground.
"You'll see, this is something we've been waiting for!"
Suddenly a notification popped up on her phone. She lifted it quickly and gasped.
"Oh my godddd, Mel, we have to leave like right now. Someone just posted that Post is going to be entering through a seperate entrance, we have to go, we could see him even closer than from the floor!"
I widened my eyes, really? An actual opportunity to see him up close and personal? I ran to my closet and got the little velvet slip I was planning on wearing, a blush mauve with satin ribbon straps. Even quicker, I tore off what I was wearing and slipped on the dress and slid my feet in a bulky pair of Oxford Red Platform Docs.
I grabbed my bag and we quickly slipped out my apartment, hurried steps towards the subway and on our way to Barclay's.

"Okay so it says that when we get out the subway we've got to walk about 5 blocks to get to the Barclay's and then another 3 to get the the secret entrance."
The train car shook back and forth violently. I took a hit off my dab pen and looked at myself in the window across us.
"How could it be a secret if we know.. also it was posted on social media! " I said, Sam shook her head violently.
"No, it was only announced on a specific fan account, not everyone gets access to it" Sam said proudly, assuring me.
Our stop approached and we fought through the crowd of people to get to the surface. Sam looked on her phone to orient us in the right direction.
"This way"
I hurried behind her.