Chapter 스물 하나

Your eyes met his as the slow song played quietly to your ears. You could see the universe in those eyes. A universe where the two of you were in love and there was nothing between you. Weren't you so terribly lucky that it happened to be the universe you were living in?

It was young love. Blooming innocence that could hardly be described by words. You knew maybe someday you'd look back on this night with sad and reminiscent eyes, but you didn't care. You wanted to do nothing more then live in the moment and love this boy. He may pretend to be tough sometimes, but he was always soft towards you.

It felt like the most natural thing in the world when he leaned in closer to you and closed those beautiful eyes to connect his lips with yours. You moved naturally against him, savouring the sudden fireworks in your heart. 

The song ended gently and left the two of you still in one another's embrace. You laid your head on his shoulder for a moment, giggling as the other boys drew your attention back to reality. They were dancing their hearts out. Jungkook had even roped Jin and Yoongi into it, both enthusiastically dancing towards you. 

The two of you couldn't help but join in, laughing as you did so. You danced all the way outside and the boys followed. Taehyung offered you his jacket, which you took gladly.

You followed your heart to the beach nearby.

Kicking up salty water, you began to dance again. Taehyung didn't question this decision and joined you immediately. One by one, they stepped into the shallows and danced with you. First Tae, then Jungkook and Jin, then Jay, and then Namjoon and Yoongi. 

All of you paused to look at the one who was left.

Jimin stood on the sand with a small book in his hands.

You had seen it before, it was his sketchbook. The one that you knew held his greatest secrets. It was just as a much a mystery to the others as it was to you. He had a nervous look on his face but when he moved, it was with purpose.

He flipped it open to a specific page and held it forward, directed at one person.

Yoongi.

He took it tentatively and examined the page. You watched his face turn from confused to simply euphoric. You didn't ask to see what was on the page, you knew enough. 

Whatever it was, it held a piece of Yoongi in it. How did you know? Well because after Yoongi looked up, he didn't hesitate to kiss the nervous boy. He knew what it meant just as well as you did. Jimin blushed profusely but didn't pull away, smiling into the kiss as everyone else cheered. 

In that moment, you understood everything. If art was a reflection of your love, everything came together. 

Namjoon's art reflected you and yours did the same. Jimin's and Yoongi's were of each other. Seokjin's art was the sculpture of his own hand, it must've represented self-love. Taehyung's painting had a striking resemblance to Jungkook, though you didn't know if even he knew it yet. Jungkook's represented his love for everyone, these boys who had taken care of him and now you as well. 

And Jay's, his was freedom and happiness. Hope, if you will.

Jungkook snapped one last photo of you that night. And for the rest of your life, you smiled on it and remembered that moment. It was so full of love. 

So full of art.

Thank you for reading, everyone

I hope the story came together well.

Remember to love yourself. 

Remember that there is art in everything.

xxx
Angel