Chapter 아홉

The next morning, you threw on your uniform and fixed your hair before running downstairs. You grabbed breakfast and sped out the door, shouting a goodbye to your mom as you ran.

Why were you in such a hurry, you might ask? Because you and Namjoon never finished cleaning the desk, and you didn't want to deal with Mr Lee's wrath. You didn't even care if Namjoon was there to help you, you just prayed that the door was unlocked and Mr Lee hadn't seen it yet.

You ran all the way to school and dodged through people standing in the hallway, skidding to a stop in front of his door. You said a prayer as you grabbed the handle and....it was unlocked! You threw it open and waltzed inside, ready to destroy all the art you had created yesterday, but there was something in your way. Or rather, someone.

You bumped into Namjoon for the third time and almost fell to the ground. 

"Ah, Miss (Y/N)! So glad you could join us. Mr Kim here was just saying goodbye." Mr Lee's voice boomed from in front of you. You looked up at him, and then at Namjoon, who had already turned to leave. He tossed a smile at you as he left, and you turned around to look at the classroom.

You desk was shiny clean. Namjoon must have come in to clean it by himself, earlier in the morning. 

"Do you have something to say, Miss (Y/N)?" asked Mr Lee. You shook your head at him and hurried out. You couldn't deny that it was nice of Namjoon to do it himself, even though that's what you were planning to do as well. At least neither of you got in trouble.

When you stepped out into the hallway, you saw that people were crowding around the bulletin board. At your school, students and teachers were allowed to hang things up there. You wandered over to see what the commotion was about, and were surprised when people began to bombard you with questions.

"Is it true?"

"Oh my god it's so cute!" 

"You think you're good enough for him?"

You ignored them and looked at the board. A few recently printed photos were hung up side by side, the first showing a pair of hands, both decorated in black designs. The seconds showed a side view of two people that looked achingly familiar. And the third, oh boy. Oh no.

The third showed a direct view of two faces smiling, both looking down. Suga's face...and yours. Jungkook's photos. They were beautifully taken, and did a horribly good job of making it look like you and Suga were a couple. 

Everyone continued to bombard you with questions but when you turned around, there was a small group of people who were quiet. The art club, waiting for your reaction.

"Hey guys."

"What do you think, (Y/N)?" Asked a very excited Jungkook, and you laughed at his cute smile.

"They're very pretty, Jungkook." 

"Are you dating?!" One of the students around you yelled.

Suga raised his eyebrows at you, "I dunno, are we?" You looked at him in surprise. He was interested in you? That's not what you were expecting. You hardly knew him, after all.

When you didn't say anything, he spoke again. "Prom is next week. I'd love to take you." Out of sheer shock, you just nodded your head and everyone around you cheered. You caught Namjoon's eye, but he just looked away.

What is happening??

Second chapter today because I felt bad for not updating in so long.
Idk if anyone is even still reading, but I'll finish this book if it kills me 😂

Have a lovely day.