7

Ember's Pov

I woke up tangled in Devan's arms. My body was pressed against his bare torso. The warmth from his body was hot to the touch, but it was soothing. It was calming. It was perfect. His arms were wrapped around my waist pulling me close to him. I felt his body shift behind me.

"Morning Em," He said in a raspy voice then kissed my temple

"Morning Dev," I replied

"You sleep well?" Devan asked me

I nodded in response then kissed his cheek. His eyes closed and he laughed under his breath.

"Well I'm getting up," Devan said

"Nooo," I complained "Five more minutes please"

He laughed then replied, "Ember I've got things to do today,"

I huffed and crossed my arms. A strand of hair fell in between my eyes and stayed there. Devan chuckled then wrapped his hands around my waist. He picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his torso. Devan held me up and twirled me around the room. He then dropped me onto the bed. I sighed and got out of bed. I went over to Devan's closet and opened it after he had left the room. I grabbed one of his hoodies and a pair of my leggings that were in a bag that I kept at his apartment. I put them on and walked out of his room to the living room where he was sitting.

"Is that my hoodie?" He asked

"Not anymore Devan," I answered cheerfully

Devan playfully rolled his eyes at me.

"Hey I'm heading over to my brother's house. Do you wanna come?" He asked

"Yeah why not," I replied to him

"Okay,"

When do we leave Dev?" I asked him

"Around 10:00 ish," he said looking at his phone, "so about in a few hours,"

"Alright then," I replied

I plopped down on the sofa next to him and threw my legs over his so mine were on top. Devan snickered at me.

"What?" I giggled at him

"You really trust me with your feet right next to me huh?"

"Uh-oh,"

Devan grabbed my ankle and made sure his grip was firm. He then took his other hand and tickled me.

"D-d-Evan! S-stop!!" I shouted

He then let go of my foot.

"Thank you," I sighed

"You think I'm done Emmy?"

I looked at him then realized what he meant. He tickled me everywhere. From my neck to my sides to my legs. I laughed and laughed. I rolled over to my left to try and get away but ended up rolling off the couch. Devan then sat propped up on the couch with his arm

"You really are an idiot huh?" He laughed

I laughed even harder at that. Devan laughed as well. I rolled a few more times on the floor to get away from the couch edge. Devan followed me and rolled off too. Devan rolled twice more and ended up right by my side. Our shoulders touching and our faces turned towards each other. Each of our faces were inches apart. I could feel his breath push against my skin. He leaned in closer to me. Our lips almost touching.

"I love you Em," he whispered, then leaned in and closed the gap. Our lips like matching puzzle pieces fitting against one another. We stayed there for a hot second before he pulled away. He looked down at the ground in attempt to cover the blush appearing on his face. I giggled at that. Devan the reached u odor his phone and looked at the time.

"I think we should start heading over to Collins's place," he said

"Collins?"

"My brother Em,"

"Oh, okay," I said embarrassed

We got up off the floor and grabbed our phones and down to his car. We got inside and I immediately grabbed the aux cord and plugged me phone into it. Devan laughed at my move. I opened my iTunes and pulled up my "favorites" playlist. The first song was Crybaby by Melanie Martinez.

"Really?" Devan asked as it started to play

I laughed as I sung the words

'Someone's turning the handle, to the faucet in your eyes'

'They're pouring out where everyone can see'

'Your hearts to big for your body, that's why you won't fit inside"

'They're pouring out where everyone can see,"

When the main chorus came on I decided to get louder

"They call you crybaby! Crybaby! But you don't f'ing care! Crybaby! Crybaby! So you laugh through your tears. Crybaby! Crybaby! Cause you don't f'ing care!"

"You really don't cuss so you?" Devan laughed

"Nope," I said popping the 'p'

Devan gave a goofy grin at me and laughed with me.