4

Ember's Pov

I woke up. It was still dark out. I looked around and assumed that I was in Devan's room. I searched around for my phone. I found it and pressed the lock button. I looked at my lock screen. 4:16 am. I sat up. I got out of bed slowly and crept out of the room. I looked around for Devan. I noticed that he was passed out on the floor. I sat down next to him not trying to bother him. I looked at him. He stirred and then woke up. He sat up and looked at me.

"What are you doing Ember?" He asked rubbing his eyes

"Nothing," I replied whispering

"Then why are you out here?" He asked

"I dunno," I whispered 

"okay," Devan said

"Devan," I said

"Yeah, he asked

I was going to tell him about how I loved him. I was going to tell him that I really really liked him... but I didn't. I looked at him. 

"What time is it Em?" He asked me with a groggy voice

"About 4:20," I replied

Devan groaned and laid his back on the carpeted floor. 

I laughed to myself slightly 

"Hey Dev, can I ask you something?"

"What's the matter Em?" 

"Well you see," I started, "There's a girl I know and she really really likes this guy. She's only known him a little while but it's felt like years. Every time she looks at this guy it gives her butterflies. She really likes his smile and when she looks into his amazing eyes she falls in love again. His hair is just so perfect and she doesn't know how to react. She really likes him but doesn't know what to do about it. What should I tell her?" 

"Well..." Devan started "I would tell her to just follow with what her heart says. She'll know what to do when the time comes," 

"Oh... okay," 

"Can I ask again why you are up so early?" Devan asked

"I don't know to be honest," 

by now it was 4:30 

"Go get dressed Ember," Devan said sitting up 

"Why?" I questioned

"Just go get dressed Em," He said not answering me

"Okay..." I hesitantly said 

I got up off the floor and walked over to my apartment and grabbed some black Adidas sweatpants and a random grey tank I found in my closet. I put on some makeup as well. I put on some foundation, mascara, concealer, and some clear lip gloss. I then grabbed my holographic striped black Adidas and walked back over to Devan's. As I stepped through the door He was ready. He grabbed his keys then we walked out the door. 

"So where are we going?" I asked

"You'll see," He responded as we got into his car.  

The moonlight shone and left a beautiful eerie effect as we drove down the empty streets of L.A.  Devan really was always mysterious. Devan parked his car.

"We're here," He said

We got out of the car and I realize where we are. We're at a beach that is normally crowded, but no one was here. With the moon shining on everything and the reflection of the dark sand and water is just a sight that you'd have to die for. It's heavenly. I stood there in shock. Devan grabbed my wrist and pulled me We ran and chased each other it was a lot of fun. We acted like we were childhood friends. I sat there on the sand for a minute. I then felt Devan run up behind me and pick me up. He spun me around 

"DEVAN!" I screamed while laughing 

We then both fell down in the sand laughing not caring if we had sand all over us. I wish this moment would last forever.