beach

Jack's POV:

I thought I was going to lose Kara and that's honestly the worst thing that could happen, in my mind. She may be Nate's sister but I think I'm starting to see her as more than that. When I'm with her my stomach feels all jittery and my heart races. I don't think she feels the same and that's what kills me.

I'm jerked out of my thoughts when I hear Johnson scream my name.

"What?" I scream back. I get no answer so I scream again. He apparently has the hearing of a grandma so I'm forced to go find him.

I find him in the kitchen making pancakes. "What the crap do you want?"

"Oh, do you want pancakes?"

"That's what you wanted to know?" I ask, annoyed, taking a seat on the counter.

"Yes, now answer my question!"

"Geez, yes I'll take some."

"So why did you never come out of Kara's room last night?" he says a smirk appearing on his face.

"Relax, we just cuddled."

"Oh, so do you like her now?" he questions, excitement filling his countenance.

"I don't know man. There's just something about her that makes me want her to be mine, but she's Nate's sister, so it can't happen. Plus she probably doesn't even feel the same way." I reply, sadness finally setting in.

"I think she does. The way she looks at you, and acts. The only way you can know is to ask her."

"I know. But I'm scared. I don't wanna ask her and her not feel the same, ya know? That would break me."

"Just go for it, you are strong,G. I see the way you care about her. Even before you caught feelings. When she fell of her bike in first grade, you were the one who helped her get cleaned up."

"Okay, thanks for talking to me. I'm scared but it can either go good or bad. I hope it will go good, but if it doesn't I'll move on."

-

I walk to Kara's room, hoping to God she's in there. I knock on the door, and a soft "come in" replies.

"Hey," I say walking in the door.

"What's up?"

"Oh. Just wanted to see how you are."

"Okay?" she questions.

"Would you maybe wanna go to the beach?" I ask, hoping she will agree.

"Um, sure. Let me get ready and we can go!"

"Okay!" I reply, a little too excited.

-

"Jack, are you ready?" Kara asks walking down the stairs.

"Yeah! Let's go.

We jump in the car and begin our drive to the beach. The drive consists of Kara and I screaming at the top of our lungs to One Direction songs. Now one may ask, Jack why do you listen to One Direction? They actually make some good bops.

We finally arrive at the beach. Kara jumps out of the car, leaving me behind. I can't help but smile at how happy she looks.

"Come on you sloth!" She laughs over her shoulder.

"Have patience child, I'm coming!" I make my way down the beach, nerves attacking my whole body.

I see Kara already in the water, signaling her hand for me to join. I shake my hands trying to get the nervousness to go away. I slowly get in the water, swimming towards Kara.

"The water feels so nice!" she exclaims.

"agreed!"

Kara suddenly splashes me starting a war. It goes on for a few minutes then I grab her waist making her stop. I quickly realize how close our faces are. She suddenly leans in and I do the same. Our lips touch and time stops. It's like no one else is there, and we are all alone on this beach. She slowly pulls away and whispers, "I like you, Jack. A lot more than I should."

My heart jumps out of my chest and I wrap my arms around her and whisper in her ear "I like you too, Kara."

We stay there our arms wrapped around each other. Suddenly the nagging that she is still Nate's sister reappears in my mind. I don't know how he will feel, if he will even approve."How are we going to tell your brother?"

"Oh, um..I don't know, but I hope he's okay with it."

"Let's maybe give it a few days and throw some hints at him," I think out loud.

"That's a good idea. Let's do it!"

-

We arrive back at the house. I race to the passenger door and open it.

"What a gentlemen you are Gilinsky!" she exclaims laughing.

When she stands up her arms go around me. "Thank you for such an amazing day Jack."

I pull her closer, savoring the moment, when Johnson yells, "Hey you two lovebirds, you should come inside and get ready, we are going to get dinner!"

(skip dinner cause i'm lazy)

I walk to my room, crashing on the bed. I hear a small knock on the door frame and feel a body lay next to mine.

"How are you so perfect Gilinsky?" Kara questions.

"I'm not the perfect one, you are!" I turn my head and see her blushing.

"Can I stay with you tonight?"

"Of course Kar, you always can."

She soon falls asleep, and I'm left thinking about how I got such an amazing girl. At this moment my life couldn't be any better.

a/n

hello, how do you feel about Jack and Kara's relationship??