Chapter 5; Everything Hurts

Aria's POV:

"I'm not going to do it." I said firmly to Ryder.

Once Justin had left I finished my hot chocolate before walking outside only to be pulled into Ryder's car seconds later.

"Why not, I don't think your dad will appreciate what you've been hiding for the past 8-9 months." He said smugly and I sighed, not only had my headache come back at an ear shattering intensity but I was definitely sure that Ryder was going to give me anxiety.

"Fine....I'll do it." I said swallowing the remains of pride I had left within me. "There's a good girl." He said and I mentally stabbed him in my head for literally treating me like a dog. "Can I go now?" I asked harshly and he tutted at me, "Going so soon Aria?" Ryder said and I huffed sinking into the back seat of his car. "Yes, so I can get away from you." I said only to widen my eyes because my brain-to-mouth filter obviously hadn't worked and my inner thoughts were spoken. "What?" He snarled and I looked at him fearfully, "Forget what I said." I mumbled and he gave me a deadly look before speaking up.

"Damn right I will." He said powerfully and I swallowed hard only making him smirk. We sat in silence for a few minutes before he spoke up again, "What happened to the old Aria?" He asked and I glared at him, "You know exactly what happened, you and your fucking family are the reason why I'm like this." I spat at him and my headache pounded my skull but I couldn't give a fuck about any of that right now.

"This is your fault, not mine, not my families." He said and I growled. "Fuck you Ryder." I said before trying to open the door but he locked them in response to my harsh speech. "You already have." He said smugly and that's when I lost it, I lifted my leg and kicked his jaw so hard that I think I may have broken it but I couldn't give a shit right now, he cussed loudly in a painful daze but I unlocked the doors before storming over to my car and unlocking my own.

I got into it and drove home with lightning speed, it was only when I killed the engine that the realisation of the situation dawned on me and I felt my throat tighten as the familiar salty tears brimmed my eyes. I harshly opened my car door slamming it behind me as I clicked the lock button on my keys, I pulled my bag forwards from my shoulder frustrated with the fact that I couldn't find my keys but that became no problem when the front door opened.

"Hey A whe-" I heard Justin say and I looked up from looking at my purse to him. "Are you okay?" He asked concern taking over his face and I quickly wiped my tears taking in a breath, "Yeah I'm fine." I said before quickly pushing past him to avoid any further questions. But I failed as when I walked past him he grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

"If you were fine then you wouldn't be crying." He said and I sighed sniffing slightly. "I am fine...I just..." I said before realising that I couldn't tell anyone about the whole Ryder thing as he would probably have my head on a stick. "I'm fine." I said to him as he looked down at me, he looked hard at me in the eye before sighing. "You know you can talk to me about it, right?" He said to me and I took a sharp breath in nodding.

"Yeah I know." I said not trusting my voice as I could feel the familiar tightening feeling in my throat as a sob sat there waiting to be released once I opened my mouth. "Aria I'm serious." He said and I just nodded wiggling my arm out of his hand before looking up at him.

"Thanks Justin." I said sincerely and he have me an unsure smile indirectly telling me that he didn't actually believe that I was fine, i swallowed hard before walking through the house and up the stairs into my room. I turned my phone off and kicked my shoes off and got underneath the covers of my bed not bothering to change because all I wanted to do was sleep.

~

"Aria." I heard someone whisper and I opened my eyes slowly and I looked up to see Ellie standing there with a frown on her face "Are you okay?" She asked in concern and I gave her a small smile but it faded when I felt a massive boil in my throat as my stomach uncomfortably churned. "Fuck." I muttered literally flying out the bed and running into my bathroom.