Chapter 9

With tears streaming down her face, Marydeth rushed into her room. The girl's heart aches from the words spoken by the man she holds dear. Little did she ever imagine that such an unexpected turn of events would befall her upon her arrival back in the Philippines.

The girl believed that all would be well. She believed that Calven would be able to recognize her. In her mind, she believed that the man would instantly fall in love with her. She believed it would be a simple task to capture the man's attention.

The girl tumbled onto her soft bed, her face sinking into the comforting embrace of the pillows. She desired solitude.

'Dada, did you experience similar emotions when Mama rejected and left you? Was the pain as intense as what I'm feeling now?' She found herself in tears, longing for Dada's presence and wishing he could understand her pain.

Marydeth settled into a comfortable position and directed her gaze towards the delicate locket that had been bestowed upon her by her father during her tender years. It is her most valuable possession, and it comes with a hefty price tag.

She cherished it not only because of her love for it but also because of her affection for the person who gifted it to her. Her father's love for her is profound, a treasure she holds dear.

Her father toiled tirelessly, pouring his heart and soul into providing her with all that she needed. In return, she became the very essence of his existence, his reason for being. He succumbed to the relentless demands of his body and mind, ultimately falling victim to the overwhelming weight of exhaustion and stress. Furthermore, her mother left their lives.

Therefore, she made a solemn vow to herself to seek out a gentleman who would cherish her with the same depth of affection that her father had bestowed upon her. In her mind, she believed it to be Calven, for he was the sole individual who provided solace on that fateful day when her father passed away.

Marydeth sat in deep contemplation, her thoughts swirling like a tempest within her mind. Lost in her own musings, she was startled when a gentle knock echoed through the silence, interrupting her reverie. It was her best friend seeking entrance into her world.

Her gaze fell upon the door, yet she refrained from turning the handle. Marydeth was aware that her friend would not dare enter her room without first obtaining her permission, especially at this particular moment.

"MM? May I please come in?" WJ asked in a gentle tone.

Marydeth was aware that Wendy had a desire to offer her comfort, but at that moment, she found herself not in need of it.

"I desire to provide solace for you. No matter the circumstances, rest assured that I will forever remain by your side. You are my closest friend. I promise to be by your side through both sickness and health," Wendy declared.

Had the circumstances been less grave, she might have found her friend's remark amusing, as it appeared as though she was making a commitment to marriage.

Instead of forcefully pushing her friend away, she chose to approach her with a calm demeanor and ask her in a composed manner. Wendy comprehends her. Trying to comprehend the eccentric nature of her friend.

She pleaded, "Please, I desire silence." Maydeth noticed her friend's sigh, which likely indicated some concern or worry.

This was understandable, given the events that had transpired earlier. She is aware that her actions were incorrect and has experienced emotional pain as a result. Her pain stemmed from the depths of her jealousy.

Unable to restrain herself any longer, her field of vision began to fade into darkness. "Sure, I'm available if you require my help. I have an immense affection for you." Wendy responded, "Oh, MM, you are like a sister to me."

A smile graced Marydeth's face as she discovered that she was truly loved by someone. In the person of Wendy Jane, she discovers someone who genuinely values and cherishes her.

She sincerely replied to her friend, expressing her gratitude to WJ and reciprocating the love. The sound of Wendy's footsteps echoed as they gradually faded away from her room.

Marydeth fell into a deep silence, her thoughts swirling and colliding within her mind. With a sigh escaping her lips, she reached for her phone and dialed the number of her one and only trusted employee.

"Hello, tell old Strauss to come over tomorrow at seven o'clock. Let's meet at the restaurant I own," she said to butler Mario, who was merely waiting for her orders.

"Noted, young lady! I will adhere to your commands. Is there anything else you would like to order?" He asked for her.

A brief moment of silence enveloped her. This represents her final choice. Marydeth had a desire to gradually capture Calven's heart, as if she had leprosy that he was actively avoiding.

Nevertheless, she felt compelled to proceed with her plan. The butler she had, Mario, was well aware of her intentions. The butler, perhaps, might find himself in disagreement with her choice. However, she remains the one to be followed. Maydeth is aware that the butler, Mario, harbors a deep concern for her well-being, as he has come to regard her as his own daughter. Taking a deep breath, she swallowed and let out a sigh.

Despite experiencing guilt, she firmly believed that her actions were morally justified. From their perspective, she might appear to be quite stubborn. Her sole desire was for Calven Ken to reciprocate her love.

"Tell him to take his son with him," she added to what she had previously told butler Mario. "Understood, young lady," replied the butler over the phone.

She waited for the butler to hang up before thinking again, and then turned off the cellphone. Her gaze shifted upward toward the ceiling. After her plans, she will have to confront Calven's wrath. Yet she is already well aware of this and has made the necessary preparations.

She stands prepared for the onslaught of agonizing words that will escape the lips of the man who holds her heart. In addition, she will prepare her heart and mind to brace herself for the insults that will inevitably come from the man.

'I am determined to make CK mine.' It is often said that she possesses an eccentric nature, yet her eccentricity seems to manifest solely in the presence of men.

She will not be deterred in her pursuit of this madness. She brought this upon herself, thus leaving her with no one else to hold accountable but herself.