Sympathy(Vikturri)

Viktor x Yuuri

Requested by the_one_wolf

Grocery items in hand, Viktor huffed them down the street to the house he shared with his protégé Yuuri. It was freezing cold, a front had come in putting everyone inside their house. He didn't know why he was even out in the first place, all he knew was that they needed milk, eggs, fruit, and some hot cocoa packs as a warm comfort treat for the two of them. He didn't mind the snow; growing up in Russia, but that doesn't mean his body didn't chill. Hiking up the stairs inside the house, he put the items away and looked around. The setting was different. It was around six, Yuuri usually liked to prepare dinner. There wasn't a single smell, or appliance turned on. He raised an eyebrow.

"Yuuri~ I'm home!" he called out. No answer. "Yuuri?"

He went to check the laundry room, living room, kitchen again, and bathroom, but there was no sign of him. When he checked their bedroom, he found a lump of sheets and a small portion of black hair sticking out. He stepped in, admiring Yuuri's sleeping form. He smiled and pulled back the sheets. His smile fell into a frown. Yuuri's face was flushed pink, and he had a sick tone to his face. He looked tired and shrunk in. He gently shook him.

"Yuuri," he softly whispered, "wake up darling, come on."

"Mmm"

"Yuuri, wake up." he coaxed more firmly.

The younger stirred under the blankets. "What is it?" he mumbled.

Now something was definitely wrong. He just knew it. "You're sick." he stated.

At these words, Yuuri sat up. "N-No I'm not. I just got a late start on my nap after skating."

"I may have been born at night, but it wasn't last night. I'm going to take your temperature."

This time, Yuuri was out of bed and standing. Looking at the clock, he realized he didn't have any supper on the table like usual. Fighting the dizziness and relying on his other impaired senses, he avoided Viktor and went to the kitchen to whip something up. He heard footsteps behind him as he bent down to pick up a pan from the rack under the cupboard. Viktor watched him shrink further into a cold sweat.

"Anything you want in particular?" Yuuri asked. His voice hoarse.

"Yes. I want you in bed."

He sighed, "I'm fine Viktor. I was cold and I guess I got hot under the bundles of covers. You know what the weather is like."

Folding his arms and leaning against the door frame. He watched Yuuri move about the kitchen, his actions slower and uncoordinated. "Yuuri please." he begged.

"Viktor, I'm-" a wave of dizziness and random nausea kicked in. "I swear I'm okay."

Viktor noticed Yuuri's face pale significantly. He saw many skaters do this when they got so tired they fainted. He started to move towards Yuuri who was seeing spots. Then, a blinding pain entered his head and he caught himself on the counter, hissing, grabbing his head and moaning in pain.

"Okay, okay Yuuri."

"Damn it!" he said, the headache beating and throwing him around. He felt arms around him, carefully lowering him to the floor.

"Breathe Yuuri, what's wrong? Your head?" Viktor asked as stern and quiet as possible.

Yuuri leaned against the refrigerator, holding his head. Viktor crawled to him and gently placed him against his chest and rocked him back and forth, slowly massaging his temples and scalp. The headache had made the dull feeling in his stomach to increase dramatically, Yuuri started to salivate. He had a feeling he knew what was bound to happen, he pushed away from Viktor, who was confused by the sudden action. He pressed an arm to his stomach, eyes wide and cheeks puffing out slightly with air.

"Yuuri?" he questioned.

He saw Yuuri struggle to get to his feet, the pale (now green) complexion dyed into his face. Getting the hint from his body, Viktor quickly got up and shoved Yuuri over the sink. He hated this.

He could feel Yuuri's heavy breathing as he tried to run his hand up and down his back in a comforting way. Viktor grew nervous, as supportive as he tried to be, vomiting was one of his weakest points. Anyone with a hint of doing so made his stomach flip. So seeing Yuuri expel the contents of his stomach into the sink made his stomach flip up and down at a sharp 90 mph. He closed his eyes and looked away, keeping a shaky hand on his back. This did nothing as Yuuri's back arched up, then down with every heave and force of vomit.

"Ow..." he murmured.

"I'm right here love. You're doing great." Viktor whispered.

He himself grew nauseous and shaky. He willed his body to focus only on helping Yuuri, not joining him. Unfortunately, his stomach bubbled and lurched along with Yuuri. Viktor gagged into his fist and turned his head away, breathing and focusing on some kind of distraction.

"Vi-Vik- HUhhnglleehh!"

'Oh God' he thought. "Yuuri--ju-just breathe okay? Y-You'll be okay." he stammered.

His heart broke for his boyfriend, and he felt guilty being a sympathetic puker. He fought against the gag reflex and mustered up the determination to properly help. He looked at Yuuri bent over the sink, which was covered with thick acidic vomit. Watching Yuuri bring up now small, thin streams of it sent his stomach to punch and practically drag him towards the trash can beside the counter. He threw up his lunch into it, packing the garbage down with vomit of his own. Yuuri heard this, and blinking through his strained teary eyes, saw Viktor doubled over a trash can. His initial reaction was to help him. He made a move towards him.

"Oh my God, Vitya are you-" another vomit feeling in his throat forced Yuuri back over the sink. After one more minute of the two of them puking, they finished at the same time.

Yuuri slumped to the floor, while Viktor gathered himself mentally and physically. The hand supporting him on the counter went to his mouth where he took a breath and declared that he too was done. He looked at Yuuri and gave him a shaky smile.

"Sorry, I do that when people are sick."

All Yuuri had the energy left to do was give an 'It's okay' grin right back. The headache and nausea were still there.

"Alright, let's get all cleaned up shall we?"

Viktor went to the bathroom to brush his teeth while Yuuri rinsed and washed his vomit down. Viktor helped him to the couch which was closest to the bathroom and set a bucket beside him for safety. He grabbed some cleaner and sprayed the sink free of bacteria before grabbing all the items a sick person needs. Pills, water, and a cool cloth, Yuuri was well taken care of.

"Thank you Vitya." Yuuri said.

"For what? I puked trying to help you."

Yuuri smiled and took his hand, "You also tried. You could've done way worse. You just gave me medicine and helped me settle. I don't mind that you're sensitive, just means I'm better at taking care of people than you."

Viktor laughed, "Alright Doctor Katsuki, I get it."

"Whenever I get sick I don't care if you go to the other room or blast the TV or something."

"But, I'd feel really bad."

"And I'd feel even worse with both of us sick at the same time. Trust me, I'd rather vomit on my own than having to share a toilet."

Viktor cocked his head a little, "Are you sure?"

"Extremely."

The rest of the evening, Viktor helped as much as he could. When Yuuri had his bouts of vomit, he did as instructed and stayed put with sound of whatever else besides heaving. By around three in the morning, Yuuri had his last episode, much to Viktor's liking. It didn't last long though before he switched positions with Yuuri.

Yuuri was right, he was much better at taking care of people than Viktor was.

This was written with poor WiFi. I did my best, leave me alone.