Human=Illness

Aidan x Sally---Being Human 

She woke up at six in the morning cuddled up with her pillows around her. If felt nice to be able to actually feel the soft cool sheets with fuzzy texture. Finally getting up, she awoke to the sound of something sizzling. Bacon maybe? She got up and entered the kitchen where she saw Josh cooking bacon, eggs, and hash browns with a side of strawberries. 

"Mmm, looks amazing Josh." she commented. 

"Thanks. Figured you deserve some good food in your new life." 

"Ha. Ha. Funny." 

He smiled and fixed her a plate, although she found that she wasn't that hungry; but she ate it anyway, savoring every bite. Aidan came down from his shower with leftover blood on his cheek. 

"Hey guys, what's up?" he asked. 

"Hey Aidan, Josh just fixed some breakfast." 

He handed Aidan the dirty pan, "And it's your turn to wash up. I got a warmed blood packet all ready to go for you." 

"Oh thanks, but I'm not going to the hospital today. I've got the day off remember?" 

"Right right, well do you want me to grab some packs for you?" he asked. 

"Sure." 

Josh nodded and grabbed his keys. "I'm off to pickup Nora. Oh, and tonight is the moon, we've got to meet up with a couple other wolves visiting relatives and won't be back until morning. I assume you know what to do?" 

"Yes mom." Sally answered, mouth half full with egg. 

"Alright, bye." 

Josh headed out to pick up his mate Nora. Aidan grabbed the blood bottle and sat across from Sally drinking it. 

"So, how's life?" 

She laughed. "It's great yea, I just...I don't know. It's so new and amazing." 

Aidan could sense something was up with her. She didn't seem as jazzy. She looked really tired. He wasn't too off either, the food she was eating just sat in her stomach like a rock. At first when she got up, she felt fine. Now she felt heavier and tired. Assuming it was from the pizza and wine last night, she thought nothing of it. She tried to talk more to Aidan to get away from chewing and swallowing the breakfast, but that too took some energy out of her. Eventually, she just gave up trying to eat. That didn't go unnoticed. 

"Uh, are you okay?" he asked, "You normally inhale your food."

"First off, rude.  Second, I'm fine. I've just been thinking, how long has it been since I've gone to the mall? Your girl needs some stimulation." 

Ignoring the sex joke he could have made, Aidan smiled. "You wanna drive?" 

For a moment, the weird dull feeling she was having vanished. Her eyes lit up. "Really? Yea let's go!" 

***

Two hours had gone by, Aidan probably went even more pale with fear while Sally drove, but calmed down when they reached the mall. She was walking slower than normal; he didn't know if this was her body trying to get used to things or what. She hoped the exhaustion she felt would pass as soon as possible. Smelling all the meals in the food court made her stomach flip in a weird way. She and Aidan chose to split ways only for a minute so she could go into Victoria's Secret. Really, she just wanted a moment to take in everything that felt off. 

"What the hell body?" she asked when she was alone. "I'm treating you right. What's with the weirdness?" 

She spent a fat moment in the changing room trying to calm herself down. Maybe this was a late side effect from the ritual? Suddenly, she was hit with a sharp pain in her middle. It surprised her so much that she fell back breathing hard.