Chapter 6

Dylan was going over his first training session in his mind, as he got patched up by Aqua. He was covered in bruises, and small little cuts that stung like hell. He had never seen someone look so magnificent until he saw Jayde fighting the others, and miraculously winning. He thought about his first round with Jayde, he had lost even though she didn't even attack him. His second round had been over in under a minute with Jayde winning again. Then he had asked for a break, such a stupid thing to do when he was expected to watch as the one he loved had to fight five people off of her. He ran through the fight again. First Daemon threw a punch, but it missed, then Wayland and PC had aimed a few kicks at Jayde who ducked under them. Then Jayde had jumped right over the whole group landing behind them without a sound. PC had dived for her, but she had moved out of the way like she had done with him, and PC had stumbled across the yellow line on the floor. Then after ducking around some punches Jayde caught Aiden's foot before it connected with her head and she pushed him out of the ring. Then the other Gemini, Ava, had tried to give her a roundhouse kick, but Jayde ducked under it and Ava hit Wayland instead who jumped backwards to avoid the kick, but also out of the circle. Ava had stumbled back as well, so that she didn't hit Wayland. Then Jayde and Daemon had started circling each other, Jayde looking as fierce as a panther in her all black, tightly fitted uniform that made her look even hotter. Then she had moved ten metres in the blink of an eye and sent Daemon flying out of the circle.

"There you go Aries. I think you should go back to your dorm room to rest a bit so that you give yourself time to heal." Aquarius suggested to Dylan.

"Ouch, I think I will." Dylan agreed, still feeling the bruises on his arms from when Jayde had straddled him, although he didn't complain about that part.

Daemon met him at the door, sporting a big purple bruise on his right cheek.

"How come you didn't go to Aqua?" Dylan asked.

"When you develop your abilities you are less likely to get hurt, but we still come equipped with an advanced healing process." Daemon replied gratefully, "Otherwise "Aqua would be a lot busier."

"You were wrong by the way, about me not liking Jayde so much after she kicked my butt."

"You have some serious problems then, dude. Some of the guys think she's hot, but no one would ask her out."

Dylan just shook his head. Why does she hate me so much? And why do I have to like her so much? His thoughts circled around his mind. She had looked so good in the uniform, so professional, yet hot. He thought about her expression as she had looked in his eyes, how her expression changed, softened, and then it had hardened again making him think that he might have a chance with her. He thought of his dream, of a laughing, smiling, warm Jay, opposed to the cold, icy Jayde Scorpio that she always was.

Then Daemon gasped and fell into a bow. Dylan looked up to see the female elder smiling at him.

"Libra!" he exclaimed, and copied Daemon, falling into a bow along side him.

"Thank you boys, rise. I was looking for you actually", Libra smiled and continued, "Leo as you know Virgo was sent on an assignment yesterday, but apparently she needs help completing it, the Elders would prefer it if you went tonight. And to you Aries you will be sent on your first mission with Scorpio next week. Until that time arrives you will practice using you abilities."

"Yes Libra, as you wish." Daemon mumbled.

"Thank you and I'm very sorry to inconvenience you in any way. Good bye." And with that Libra left them standing there.

"Dylan, I have to go get ready. Go to the fourth floor and find Wayland. He'll guide you around while I'm not here." Daemon said guiltily.

"Yeah, okay." Dylan replied.

"See you soon then."

"Bye."

Daemon misted and flew up the stairs, leaving Dylan by himself. At first Dylan just walked up the stairs without any idea of where he was going, just the simple act of going up. Then he realised that the institute might have a roof. Daemon didn't say anything about being forbidden from the roof Dylan thought. The door to the roof was unlocked, so Dylan stepped outside into the cool evening air inhaling deeply, then he heard an icy voice to his left ask "What are you doing here?"

After the training session with Dylan I had gone to my room to change in to something comfortable. I ended up dressing in black shorts and a camisole. Not the most modest thing to wear, but I didn't plan on going down to dinner. I just didn't feel like eating, not since I had seen that spark in Dylan's eyes. Instead I went to the quietest place I could think of, and I just sat on the roof trying to work out what I had seen in Dylan's eyes when I had looked in them. Why did it make me feel strange? Was I the only one who noticed? I was confused; my thoughts were just a meaningless mess. But slowly my thoughts calmed down and I was able to relax a bit. I was able to think it doesn't matter; you are Jayde Scorpio, the Jayde Scorpio; the one who is feared by many, and has silenced many. Then I heard the door open and I saw Dylan step out into the night.

"What are you doing here?" I hissed.

At first he didn't see me, and then his eyes slowly landed on where I was, crouched and ready to attack.

"Sorry, Daemon had to help someone named Virgo, and so I decided to explore this place a bit!" Dylan apologised hastily, but his eyes told me that they were enjoying the view.

"Well, you can leave now." I said, turning my back on him and walking over to a deck chair.

"Actually, can I ask you a question?" Dylan said softly.

"You just did genius." I replied lying down.

"Fine, but I want to ask you about why you hate me. Is it about what I said when you met me that first day?" Dylan said, joining me on another deck chair.

This question stopped me short. I wasn't even expecting it, but he asked. I sat up and glared at him.

"It's about me not knowing what's happening and my whole world suddenly changing, because of your late arrival at this institute. It's about your lack of knowledge about the Shadows, and it's about me not knowing what to do!" I didn't realise I was shouting until I heard his silence.

"I'm sorry", he said, his voice pleading with me.

"No you're not. Not yet you aren't." I snarled, as the temperature dropped by ten degrees.

"I don't want to fight you." He whimpered.

"Fine. You won't. But you have to stop doing that thing to me."

"What thing?" Dylan asked.

"Don't play stupid, the thing you do to my stomach that feels like butterflies, it happens whenever I look at your eyes." I was fed up with his lack of brain, so when he gave me a blank expression, I misted and flew to my room.