Chapter 19

They led me to a room that was completely white so that you couldn't make out the walls or ceiling and there was only a desk and a few chairs inside. I felt uncomfortable in the bright light and I tried not to fidget, but I was forced to sit directly under the overhead light.

"Who are you?" Grace asked. She must be really bad with names I thought sarcastically.

"Didn't I already tell you? No? Well, I'm Scorpio."

"Fine. What are you?" This question came from Tom.

"I'm an assassin and one of the protectors of earth." I told him.

"You mean a sylvie." Zack cut in.

"No, I'm a protector, although you don't look like you need protecting." I added flirtatiously, normally I don't flirt, but I needed something to keep me out of boredom, besides it was hilarious in this situation.

"Really?" he asked hopefully.

"No, next question." Outside I was cool and smooth, but on the inside I was in hysterics.

"What do you know about us?" Nathan demanded.

"You are all very knowledgeable, especially about the Darke, you have no abnormal abilities therefore you are all only human, Grace and Nate are spoilt and bossy, Rachel and Ben are nerds, Jacob looks the most breakable seeing as he's the smallest, Tom's a dumb blonde, Zack looks like he wants to make out with someone soon, Clare is probably the stand in mother and you all are going to die sooner than me." Tada! I'm smart too, you geeks! I felt a weak brush across my face as Grace hit me using all her force from the look on her face, but that didn't stop her from scratching me on the cheek.

"Check that", I corrected myself, "Grace is spoilt, bossy and weak." I smirk.

"Leave her; you'll only make things worse." Ben said, stopping Grace as she made to hit me again. Grace sighed angrily and stormed out of the room.

"Okay, next question please!" I requested brightly.

"Oh, what are your abilities then? I assume that one of them is being able to heal quickly." Rachel asked from the corner.

"There are quite a few, but that information is classified I'm afraid."

"Tell us." Nathan commanded.

"No, I don't want to." I whined in a five year olds voice.

"Tell us or we'll make you tell us." He threatened.

"I'd like to see you try yellow eyes." I dared, but I knew that his threat was empty, and he knew that I knew, so he backed down, glaring at me with eyes that wanted to kill. Weak and cowardly, I hate it I thought with scorn.

"Why do you hate us?" Clare asked in genuine confusion.

"You guys threatened us first, or your friends did. The fact that they died was merely self-defence." I snapped, and she stepped back a few steps before she regained her serene, calm expression.

"We didn't threaten you though." Tom said.

"Well that's funny, because I remember being, and I quote 'surrounded'!" I was getting impatient, and they were taking too long questioning me.

"That's what they said, but they didn't mean to attack!" Tom replied exasperated.

"Why were they armed with gold knives then? Explain that!" I demanded.

"We knew about you, but most of us didn't want to attack you. We had heard about your people as highly trained, untraceable, deadly assassins, but some of us were all for fighting."

"Who were the people that I killed then?"

"Some of our worst fighters actually, all rounded up by Hera because she was mad at Nate." Jacob answered me from the chair behind me.

"Well, you guys can't be much better than them, can you?" I scoffed.

"We are." Jacob shouted.

"Don't loose your temper buddy, I'm just telling the truth. It hurts, doesn't it?" I asked him, my voice full of uncaring and cold.

"I'll show you what hurts!" Jacob yelled, and he ran at me, trying to punch every bit of me he could reach. I dodged most of his blows, but some still found their way to my arms and legs. I felt the room temperature drop as I lost my patience and smacked him on the head, sending him flying. As he got up, Tom and Rachel held his arms and dragged him out of the room.

"Not the best way to treat a guest, but I guess it's understandable if he dislikes me a bit." I smiled.

"You can't talk sylvie. You killed more of us than we killed your people." Nathan growled.

"May I remind you that your side started it?" I whispered menacingly back. "You got what you deserved." With this he looked up his face a hard mask of cold fury, rage, hate, and loss. He stood up and walked over to me so that we were face to face. Then, before I could even flinch, he punched me, his fist connecting with my forehead. He was strong, stronger than Grace, but not strong enough.

"Damn you little shit." I snarled and I returned his blow, making him stumble backwards and tri over a chair.

"Touch me and you don't touch anything else ever again." I warned as the others ran towards me, ready to hold me down. They stopped immediately and I walked towards Nathan who was clutching his nose, his hands red from blood. I sat his up against the wall, him still clutching his bleeding nose.

"Never hit me again." I murmured in his ear.

"Get the sylvie out of here!" He shouted at the others, and I was suddenly being held down, cheek pressed on the white tile floor, arms pinned down beside me.

"Screw you." I said, and then I felt an explosion of pain as someone hit me on the head. Why is it I always end up getting knocked out? I asked myself as I drifted off to unconsciousness again.