Both her katanas on her hands, she moved straight to her enemy, making light steps as she moved forwards, signs of a dancer.

"Song of the Fire God: Dance of Red Spider Lily!"

Muzan eyes widened, wider than ever, quite shocked with —not the fuming woman who was about to attack him, but the environment around him, scanning through all of it in one look.

Before her blade could reach his lower jaw side, before she could even realized what just happened, her body lay on the ground, on the stomach. Her widened eyes showed the shock she felt.

Muzan was now behind where her body laid. The scene so familiar with what just happened just minutes ago with the nasty two-horned demon.

Suddenly, her body shook, a bloody cough left her mouth. The red liquid staining the soil and her lower face.

A criss-cross shaped cut, big enough to fill her back, could be seen, her kimono and dark uniform shredded to pieces. Blood trickled out from the big wound, soaking the shredded clothes. The realization of the new wounds, the ones that will sure leave scars, brought a sense of pain to her pain receptor, sending it to her central neuron. She felt a pain she never feel ever, physically, so much it made words came to a halt on her throat.

She wanted to scream, so loud. But her pride will never let her do so in front of her nemesis.

She tried to stand up with all the strengths she had left, shaking when doing so. Her right leg being the only one, functioning a little properly, using it as support for her body to get up.

When she could finally focused her gaze to him, her eyes widened to saw the cause of her wounds.

She had thought that it was his claws.

Yet, there they were, her beloved, trusted katanas, both on his sinful palms, blood she was sure was hers, trickling down from the shiny edges. His back facing her. She could see a healing wound from his shoulder, meaning she had at least managed to land a cut.

As she successfully stood up, staggering, she brought her hands to her back.

A pair of fans now opened so skillfully on her hands. They were as sharp as the katanas.

She changed her breath pattern, doing everything to stop the bleeding from her back, her body on an attack stance.

Furious was what she could only felt.

What did the years of training she did for?

Why was she still so weak and helpless?

She was furious. At him, and at herself.

"How interesting."

The word just came out of nowhere, confusing her. What did he mean?

Did he think this was all a play?

"What?" she spat.

He turned his body slowly, finally facing her. A smirk and an expression of joy painted his pale face.

"Look at how strong you're now, Chihiro. The little girl, who asked me to end her life, now managed to land a hit on myself? You sure never stop to amuse me, not now, nor nine years ago."

She growled, hands trembling in wrath. "I'm not your source of amusement. You are the one who made me like this."

He just continued to keep his lips curved up, the smile never leaving his face. He was completely amused for sure.

"Not only that. You even managed to surprise me twice tonight."

If only she had an opening, she would charge right now, silencing him. But nope, even now, his walls are so thick, not leaving a single opening away.

"The Blue Spider Lily."

She thought if she had gone deaf. Blue Spider Lily? Is that even exist?

As if reading her thoughts, he answered the questions she had asked herself. "It sure exist. If not, I would not be alive right now."

Why would he gave away such information to her, a human?

"Tonight, I saw it. On your illusions of a garden, that magnificent scenery. A Blue Spider Lily!" He looked up to the moon decorated sky, a turf for his kinds, mouth and eyes wide, his hand made a motion of holding a flower.

He is mad for sure.

How can he mistook red with blue? She was sure her move are of the red spider lilies.

"Come serve me, human."

Shock couldn't even describe what she felt at the moment. Eyes wide, lips thin, body frozen. She sure was deaf. Yeah, it must be. She needed to get her ear checked by Shinobu when she get back.

Before she could even speak a word, the man interrupt her yet again.

"No, Chihiro. Come, be by my side and rule the others with me. And offer me, the blue spider lily!"

"Don't be stupid, you madman! You think I will be a demon!?"

His eyes glowed, a smirk replacing the smile.

Once again, she was on the ground. Being the submissive one. Instead, she was on her butts now. Yet, he, just like before, stood behind her again, standing on his glory, looking down on her.

A leg stepped on her wounded back, just right under her left shoulder, making her bend over, her eyes looking at the ground, a hiss left her lips.

"You don't get to decide, human."

———— ❁ ✿ ❁ ————