"what- (y/n)?" mark called, worry etched in his voice.

"i'm alright. i fell- i fell just now and my knee is being really uncooperative now." you croaked out.

kneeling down next to you, mark took out his phone and flashed the torchlight at you.

"(y/n), your knee looks really bad.." mark muttered.

turning to your knee, you grimaced at the amount of blood flowing out.

there was a deep cut right in the middle, and a dark and mean-looking bruise forming on the outside.

"its fine, we can just head back to the camp." you lied, flashing him a pained smile.

running a hand through his hair, mark shook his head, before starting to tear off part of his white t-shirt.

uh oh.

you knew what was coming.

cliche, like those scenes in the movies.

"uh mark, what are you doing?" you asked, as you laughed dryly.

you gulped as the hole in his shirt exposed part of his abdomen.

his *ahem*, sexy abdomen.

"it won't do much, but its all we have for now to stop the bleeding." he replied, as he started wrapping the cloth gently yet firmly around your knee, causing you to groan in agony.

"its okay." he whispered soothingly, taking your hand in his as he squeezed it lightly.

tying a knot with the cloth, he stood up, wrapping his arms around your waist and helping you up as you winced.

"get on my back. i'll carry you back." he mumbled, turning and facing you with his back, as he squat down hesitantly.

that was such a bad idea.

who knew what would happen to you?

something could just grab you from the back.

you shivered as you thought about it.

"uh mark? i- i'm scared-" you started, but he cut you off.

"its okay, i promise i won't drop you." he reassured.

"no, that's not it. i um- you know i'm at the back and like well- its so dark and-" you rambled on.

"ah i get you." he chuckled before turning to face you, your face burning with embarrassment.

"i will carry you like this then." he suggested, wrapping his arms around your waist before lifting you up gently.

automatically, you flung your arms around his neck.

although you trusted him, you were afraid to fall, and people make mistakes.

it was silent as mark tried to find the quickest way out of the forest, while you didn't help at all, merely leaning your head on his shoulder.

"i think you should eat more, you're especially light (y/n)." mark laughed suddenly.

"i don't know if you're being sarcastic, but anyways thanks." you grinned.

"seriously i'm not joking." he said, trying to sound stern but failing.

at that, both of you burst into laughter.

forgetting about the sharp pain in your knee, you suddenly thought about confessing to him right there and then.

there wasn't much thinking process, it just suddenly occured to you that what better place then when both of you were alone together.

"mark, i have something really important to say that may be a big impact on both our futures." you blurted out carelessly.

"hm? sure go ahead." he replied instantly, without any form of suspicion.

"i-i um," you said, as you advanced to the next word hesitantly,

"like.."

"TOOK YOU BOTH LONG ENOUGH!" somebody who you recognised as jackson screamed as he came pouncing on both of you.

the rest of the boys ran towards you guys as they started screaming and cheering like wild animals.

"you." you whispered.

you were sure he didn't hear you, but it didn't matter, you weren't in the mood anymore.

"oh yea (y/n), you were going to tell me?" mark asked turning to look at you as he flashed you a sweet smile.

"nothing." you mumbled coldly, shaking your head as you looked away from him.

there will be a next time.

you hoped.