A Very Important Guest

Merlin's POV

I ran off after Arthur. I still had to put on his armor, but he wouldn't stop moving.  "Hurry up Merlin!" said Arthur finally coming to a halt, "Is this so hard?"
"Maybe if you stopped moving so much it wouldn't be," I said putting his armor on him. "Alright lets go," said Arthur, heading for the door. "Arthur!" I called out.
"What now Merlin?"
"You're not wearing any shoes."
Arthur looked down at his feet, and then turned to me, "Well then put them on me!!" I laughed and hurried to put his shoes on.
"Hurry up Merlin"
"Arthur?" I said putting on the first shoe.
"What Merlin? Don't tell me you put my shoes on wrong."
"No"
"Then what?"
"Why are you so nervous?"
"I'm not nervous Merlin. I don't get nervous. I'm just worried."
"Why?"
"Haven't you been listening Merlin? King Irelo is coming today, he is a very important guest."
"Arthur, Camelot is always hosting 'important' guests,' isn't it?"
"Yes, but the difference is King Irelo never liked my father. His kingdom and Camelot have had many wars."
"You think he'll want to have another war?"
"No, king Irelo is a very wise man."
"Then?" I said, putting on his second shoe.
"He is also known to be an unforgiving man, I don't want to offend him in any way."
"Well, we better get going," I said, getting up from putting Arthur's shoes on.
"Good," said Arthur looking at his shoes, "Now go and find Gwen."
"Gwen?"
"Yes. Gwen, my wife, the queen."
"Oh right, that Gwen. I thought you were talking about a different Gwen."
Arthur gave me a angry look, and I dashed out looking for Gwen.

A few minutes later, we were all at the round table the knights were talking to Arthur.
"Now as you all know," began Arthur, "Today, we will be receiving King Irelo. The friendship between both our kingdoms has been very rare in the past years. Now, Irelo has sought council with us, and I hope that it is in the plan of peace. I cannot stress the importance of this visit, even though it is a way to keep peace, it is also a way to cause war. Irelo's Kingdom is very powerful, and the war would be devastating to both of our Kingdoms. So please, let us all be at our best and most implacable behavior," Arthur finished his speech with a quick glance at me. Did he didn't think I had manners?

Two hours later, I was standing behind Arthur, at his right, Gwen at his left, while the knights were behind us. If you looked at us from above, we would look like a triangle.
"Arthur," I whispered.
"What?!" he hissed, barely opening his mouth.
"How long do we have to stand here?"
"I don't know, shut up!"
"But Arthur, we've been standing here too long, my legs hurt!"
"Merlin! Stop complaining! We've only been here for five minutes."
"No darling, I think we've been here a lot longer," said Gwen, who had now joined in on the conversation. 
"I'm sorry dear, I promise as soon as we're done, Merlin will bring you a seat."
"Why me?"
Arthur elbowed be in the stomach, "Because you will Merlin."
"Yes, my lord," I coughed out. Then we heard the tromping of horses near by. "Must be King Irelo,"  I said.
"Remember everyone, be on your best behavior," said Arthur, shooting another glance at me. I smiled at him, and ignored his mean looks.

Two black horses came in first, followed  by two knights ridding on their backs, holding the flags of the kingdom they belonged to. Behind them came three white horses, and lastly came another four black horses, with four  knights ridding on them. The first white horses had a man that seemed to be about 50 years old. He wore cloths the armor of a knight, and a large golden crown on his head. That must be king Irelo, I thought. Behind him, on the second white horse, was a young man about Arthur or my age. He looked strong, he was also wearing armor and a crown on his head, but his was silver. That must be the king's son, Prince Edmond. Arthur had told me about him and, according to Arthur, Prince Edmond was very wise for his age, and also a great fighter. My sight was drawn to the third white horse, to the rider I didn't recognize. The rider was a beautiful girl and about my age. Her bright eyes were beautiful, her silky hair fell down shining in the sun, one could see her perfect curves, even though she was on a horse. I didn't know who she was, but I did know she was gorgeous.