Gold Dust

"Someone is going to ask them to dance, you realise?"

Antoinette and Marie-Fey looked over to Rosalia to was studying Zaafira was a critical eye – or maybe Marie-Fey was being critical and projecting that onto her sister.

Zaafira did look stunning in her royal blue gown that accented her perfect shape and flawless skin.

They were stood in one the large rooms on the first floor. It was mostly empty, with a piano in one corner, plush chairs, large windows and dark wood flooring, used really for mingling when there were gathering at the manor. Currently there were several mannequins around the room, all in various stages of dress as the gowns were worked on, the Rose Castle team pulling together staggering creations at incredible speed.

"Dancing? What kind of dancing?" Gharam asked, intrigued. But she was intrigued by everything there was to be found.

"We can't teach them all the dances in time," Antoinette said, frowning at this undesirable problem.

"But some of the reels? A simple waltz so that they can at least join in at times," Rosalia said.

"Hmm," Antoinette said, "I suppose. But we need some of the men to help practice."

Rosalia brightened happily at that and left, returning soon after with Braydon, Valentine and Luka in tow.

"You're going to dance with us?" Marie-Fey asked with a smirk, looking at Luka as she raised an eyebrow and folded her arms.

"I can't dance," Luka replied, still attempting to detach Rosalia's hand from his arm.

"You won't dance," Rosalia corrected.

"Is that not the same thing?"

"We just need help teaching the ladies a few basic steps," Antoinette said and Luka looked pained.

"I'll go wake up Bel," he said, turning away and Rosalia caught his jacket, tugging him back.

"Just stay, we can wake up the devil if we need him," she said, pushing him towards some of the seats.

Luka shot an imploring look towards Vanessa, who was standing by one of the mannequins, examining the work of the seamstresses. She gave him a pointedly helpless look and he glared at her.

"Fey, can you play something for us?" Rosalia asked, gesturing to the piano, "Just a simple waltz so they can have an idea."

Marie-Fey moved over to the piano and Rosalia asked what the women knew of the waltz – which wasn't much. It was completely different from the traditional dances in their country.

Braydon reached for Rosalia's hand without question, she taking his with a smile. It seems somewhat unfair that they were going to be expected to somehow copy two of the best dancers in the country.

Rosalia had always been the best dancer of her sisters – and most of the society. When Braydon had arrived, it was as if they completed each other and were a now notably flawless pair.

"We won't teach you anything complicated," Rosalia said as Marie-Fey started to play a smooth, romantic, if not simple, piece while her sister and Braydon started to dance, Rosalia going through the motions and explanations as they went with the ease and experience of a natural teacher.

Even pregnant as she was, she was impossibly light on her feet, Braydon supporting her heavier weight and their priceless addition to their family with natural ease and care.

It was obvious that they didn't wait to be in the company of others to dance with each other.

Gharam was practically fizzing out of her seat to try and Rosalia swapped places with her, talking her through as Braydon walked her through. She looked at her feet too much and some of her natural grace failed her as she was concentrating too hard on getting it right but she was good.