Chapter 15: Sting & Sophia's Promise

Sophia was huffing and puffing, taking deep breaths while laying sprawled out on the ground. She was tired from trying to destroy a huge boulder that Fotia told her to practice her dragon slayer magic on. Fotia towered over Sophia with a smile.

   "Come on child," said Fotia. "Get up off the ground."

   "Okay," said Sophia as she rose to her feet.

   "That boulder won't budge, huh?" asked Fotia as she looked at the giant rock.

   "Yeah, it's annoying," said Sophia with a pout. "Stupid boulder," she said as she crossed her arms.

   Fotia let out a giggle and said, "Now, now, Sophia. Don't blame the boulder. Why don't you try one more time?" she asked.

   "But it's so hard!" exclaimed Sophia. "The boulder won't even crack," she said.

   "Sophia, you won't accomplish your goals unless you continue to try," Fotia stated. "Now try one more time, and we'll stop with your training for today."

   "But Fotia -," Sophia said until she stopped when she noticed that the dragon had a stern look on her face with her arms crossed.

   Sophia let out a sigh and said, "Okay, I'll try."

   Sophia closed her eyes and gave her full concentration to the boulder. She puffed up her cheeks, ready to blast away the giant rock.

   "Come on, Sophia," Fotia thought. "I know you can do it."

   "Fire dragon . . .," Sophia paused. ". . . roar!" she exclaimed as a blast of fire shot out of her mouth.

   When the flames hit the boulder, the boulder was blown to smithereens, completely destroyed at the hands of a little girl. Sophia and Fotia shared a smile because of Sophia's accomplishment.

   "I did it, Fotia!" Sophia exclaimed. "I did it!" she repeated as she jumped with happiness.

   "Yes, you did," Fotia said.

   Fotia's smile transformed into a frown when she realized what year and day it was. It was the year X777 and July 7th. The day that all the dragons would hide within their dragon slayers bodies, leaving them physically but staying with them mentally. Fotia has been dreading this day, but she knew it would come. The day, where she would leave Sophia behind.

   "I can't believe this," Fotia thought. "Time flies so fast. It's as if yesterday I met Sophia for the first time. She's grown so much, and I know that she'll continue to grow throughout her life."

   Fotia's attention changed from her daughter to the baby blue sky. She remained deep in thought with a frown on her face.

   "But still . . .," she thought. "It pains me to leave her."

   As Sophia continued to celebrate her victory, she paused and looked at her mother. She noticed that she was very quiet and the frown on her face. She figured that the dragon was upset about something.

   "Fotia, is something wrong?" Sophia asked.

   "Um, no not at all," Fotia reassured.

   "Are you sure?" Sophia asked.

   Fotia hesitated and looked to the side. She began to think of how she could tell Sophia about the changes that were yet to come.

   "I know that I can't tell Sophia about the dragons disappearing because she's so young," Fotia thought. "However, I can warn her about her friendship with Sting. This is the day were Sting supposedly 'kills' Weisslogia, but Sting's memories will be altered instead. Although, Sophia will probably detest him when she finds out he 'killed' his father."

Fairy Tail: Natsu's Little SisterOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara