Fire Meets Ice

-Daenerys Targaryen- 

"Drogon take me back it's getting very cold up her" She managed to say through chattering teeth.

All Drogon answered with was a growl, a growl that told her he was not listening.

Daenerys had no idea where she was and if she was being honest...she was scared.

Suddenly a enormous ice wall appeared in her view as Drogon dived out of the clouds, the wall shone in the moon light. It didn't take much more for Daenerys to figure out where she was.

"Whoa..." Was the only thing she managed to say, Daenerys was completely lost for words...it was simply an incredible sight...but the excitement faded when she remembered what was happening and how she was here. 

Daenerys turned her eyes down to Drogon then she exhaled angrily, she was mad at her child for taking her to the other side of the world, but still very grateful she had been saved in that arena.

As they got closer a castle came into view, she remembered it being called Castle black from the stories she was told as a child.

As she flew over, she saw one man leaving the castle through the big gates, he was on a horse and riding fast.

Daenerys's eyes scanned over the castle, looking down to the other side she saw what looked like a massive blood stain. 

Drogon screeched loudly, most likely gaining unwanted attention, then started to descend towards the courtyard of the castle against Daenerys wishes.

When Drogon landed he shook violently and Daenerys climbed off his back to look at his wounds he sustained in the arena, but Drogon had other ideas, as soon as Daenerys had climbed off he immediately took off into the sky, leaving Daenerys shivering in the cold wind.

"Drogon!" She screamed in shock and irritation. But, it didn't matter, Drogon flew out of sight.

Daenerys quickly took in her surrounds while rubbing her arms frantically to gain some warmth. Her eyes stopped searching when she saw a man who had a grey/white beard beckoning her from a door frame with his hand.

Daenerys figured she had no other options, if she didn't want to freeze she would have to trust the man. She took a deep breath, knowing this could end in the worst possible way, her breath like smoke in the freezing air as she walked up the stairs to the room the man seemed to be guarding.

"What is the mother of dragons doing here?" He asked clearly puzzled, his accent was thick and not one she had ever heard before.

"My Dragon flew me here; I had no control over where he took me" she answered, "This is castle black correct?"

"Yes, it is your Grace." He replied.

Daenerys smiled at the mans use of her title, glad she was known this far North of the world. "What are you guarding in there may I ask?" She asked looking at him for an answer.

"Come inside...we will talk more in there." He answered, guiding her with his hand towards the candle lit room. "My name is Davos by the way." he added, smiling softly at her.

Daenerys nodded and slowly walked into the room. As soon as she stepped through the door frame, she spotted men with large steel swords risen threateningly towards her. The men's eyes widened at the sight of her, some swords immediately dipping from their position.

The stares she received turned from shock to full of lust, Daenerys could recognize it anywhere she went, she tended to have that effect on men.

"Lads its ok she means no harm, you do mean no harm right?" Davos jested, but clear he was being a little serious. 

At Davos's word, the men lowered their swords, but unfortunately, not their gazes.

Daenerys ignored Davos's jest because she was distracted by the man that was on the table. She walked closer cautiously and noticed the knife wounds through his clothes. 

Daenerys's eyes trailed up from his chest to his face, his face was deathly pale, but still the most beautiful man she had ever seen. 

Daenerys felt a weight lay over her heart as she stared at the man, her heart hurting for the fact he was dead. She didn't know why though...she didn't even know him...

But she could swear she felt a connection with this man....unsure of why however but knowing it wasn't just his looks.

She turned to look at Davos and saw him holding his hands out with a fur cloak.

"Thank you." she said as she wrapped it over her shoulders and arms, instantly feeling better.

Davos moved to sit at a table, then he pointed his hand at the other chair, indicating to Daenerys to sit next to him, which she did.  

"So...Queen Daenerys, you are here because your Dragon forced you here?" He asked her looking confused.

"I was ambushed by The Sons of The Harpy in Meereen, Drogon," She pauses when Davos frowns, "My dragon. " she adds and he nods in understanding, "He saved me from them and flew me here. I don't know why...well I didn't know why at all...but now I think it has to do with him." She nodded her head in the direction of the man's body.

Davos sighed before continuing. "His name is Jon Snow and he was the Lord Commander of the nights watch. They killed him for letting their enemies, the Wildlings, past the wall for a greater cause."

At Davos's explanation she felt a cool emptiness seep into her cracked heart. Daenerys turned to look at him, she really needed to talk to this Jon Snow, but she knew she couldn't and that hurt her more than it should have. 

A rough Bang against the door pulled her out of her thoughts, especially when she saw the big white wolf with red eyes stand up and growl. The creature was beautiful with a presence that almost demanded fear, she doubted he was always scary though.

Davos looked at her and put his finger to his lips to indicate she be quiet, so she made sure to not make any noise. 

The silence was broken when a man spoke through the door.

"Ser Davos," The man called, Davos stepped closer to the door and the man continued knowing he would not answer. "we have no cause to fight, we are both anointed Knights."

Davos turned back to the men in the room "Here that lads, nothing to fear."

The voice continued "I will grant amnesty to all brothers who throw down their arms before nightfall," he paused before continuing, "And you Ser Davos, I will allow you to travel south a free man with a fresh horse."

After a moment of utter silence, Davos speaks again. "And some mutton. I'd Like some mutton" 

"What?" is all the voice said.

"I'm not much of a hunter, I will need some food if I am going to make it south without starving." he said as if it was obvious.

There was a moment of silence before a reply came.

"We will give you some food and you can bring the red women with you if you like, Or you can leave her here with us, whichever you choose, But surrender by night fall or this ends with blood."

"Thank you, Ser Alliser we will discuss amongst ourselves and come back to you with an answer."

With that they all heard footsteps going back down the steps, Daenerys and many of the men immediately left out a massive breath they hadn't even realized they had been holding.

What had she gotten herself into?