Chapter 102: Invading the Fort

Kai's P.O.V

Finally entering the cleared area after walking through the forest, Kai continued his slow march while breathing heavily and trying to quell the burning feeling that he had inside of him. However, no matter how much he fought it, it simply wouldn't go away before he finally set his sights on Fort Brim's wall and it began to rise in him even more than it had been before. And while he'd been walking before, now he started heading towards it at a steady job before the soldiers manning the wall finally spotted him and started yelling to the others.

After only about a minute since he'd been spotted, the closed wooden gate of the fort opened to reveal six soldiers mounted on oxen as the charged out to meet him. Though Kai wasn't at all bothered by those that were coming towards him now as he continued to jog at a steady pace. And as he jogged, he reached down to his waist where he kept his kunai before withdrawing one in each hand as he prepared to fight.

"You there! Stop and sur-" The lead oxen rider called out as soon as they grew close, and while his fellow soldiers spread out to the sides in an apparent attempt to surround him, none of them succeeded and the lead soldier was cut off when the oxen began letting out loud cries as Kai's chakra strings wrapped around them and began lifting them off of the ground. And with all of them now in the air and leaning awkwardly as they attempted to keep balance while the oxen frantically kicked in an attempt to free themselves, Kai jumped upwards and the first soldier was caught completely unprepared before Kai cut him and moved on to the next by jumping off of the floating oxen. Though while the first three soldiers fell easily, the others managed to make barriers around themselves which made Kai have to maneuver around them. But even if it did take some extra time to kill those that had attempted to protect themselves, Kai still finished them all in only a few seconds before he dropped both the soldiers and oxen to the ground and started jogging towards the fort again.

Now that he'd made his first contact with his enemies, Kai's jog slowly turned into a full sprint as he headed towards the wall. And after seeing what he'd done to the soldiers that they'd sent, those manning the walls were now preparing as what looked like almost a hundred archers were pulling back on their bow strings and aiming at him. But seeing as he didn't care if they fired at him or not seeing as the sphere of chakra strings he'd formed around himself would protect him, Kai continued to sprint towards them before all of the archers released their arrows and the projectiles headed straight for him. However, when they finally arrived, Kai was surprised when his chakra strings were instantly shredded apart before twenty arrows found themselves buried all across his body with the others landing nearby.

Having not been expecting for the arrows to be infused with a chakra that could pierce through his strings, they still weren't that big of a deal for Kai seeing as, while they'd definitely made him stop, the arrows now began to fall out of him one by one as his wounds healed by using his own chakra. And now that he'd been stopped, he put both of his kunai away for the moment before taking out his storage scroll and beginning to run forward again. But while the archers were surprised at first that he'd started moving again, they recovered quickly and Kai soon found another volley of arrows speeding towards him. However, after dodging to the side, Kai ran through a small puff of smoke which replaced his normal red shirt, chuunin sash and shorts for his armor. And after dodging a second volley, his glaive appeared in his hands before he began to use his chakra to enhance his speed and he shot forward quickly enough that the archers didn't' have another chance to let their arrows loose seeing as he'd already reached them.

Once Kai made it to Fort Brim's wall, he leapt high into the air while using his coiled chakra strings to give him a boost. And once he was above the wall, the shocked archers were his first targets as he rapidly wrapped five of them in his chakra strings and drug the screaming men through the air towards him. Though right when they were about to collide, Kai twisted in the air while swinging his glaive before the blade of the weapon passed through all five of them and he now threw the weapon to kill a sixth archer that had just been about to fire at him from the wall.

"Fire Style, Phoenix Star Jutsu!" Kai growled loudly while making the hand signs with his right hand. And after he'd finished, he aimed upwards before the once dark night above them became as bright as day as the cloud of fire erupted from in front of him and fifty large and glowing orbs shot out of it afterwards. However, the jutsu then stayed in the air as if nothing more than a source of light seeing as he just used it as a precaution. And now that he had his trump card ready to be used at any moment and he landed on the other side of the wall, his revenge commenced.

With how many soldiers had been gathered inside of the walls, it wasn't surprising when the first one got over their initial shock of his arrival before yelling as he charged forward with his spear. However, with a kunai in each hand again, Kai was ready as he easily flicked the spearhead away from him before turning and stabbing the man underneath the armpit seeing as there was no armor there. But after the first soldier fell, it triggered a chain reaction as the entire front line of soldiers started yelling as they ran towards him. And after flicking his left kunai forward and throwing it into the soldier leading the charge, Kai used the gap created by the fallen man so that he could avoid the spears before he found himself directly in the middle of a group of soldiers and jumped slightly so that he could kick his next enemy in the side of the head.

Quickly dodging to the side in order to evade a sword, Kai ducked underneath the man's spread legs while dragging his kunai across the upper-thigh as he moved. And seeing as he was so small compared to the clustered soldiers, he used it to his advantage as he started killing at every chance he got while disappearing behind their own comrades whenever they'd found him. But while they learned rather quickly and spread out after he'd only killed perhaps twenty of them, this was where the battle truly began as he withdrew another kunai and stabbed another soldier in the back of his neck before jumping off of the body and tackling the closest soldier to him. And after seeing at least eight spearheads headed towards him from almost every direction, Kai ducked underneath them before wrapping his chakra strings around some of the soldier's feet and using them to shoot himself forward while passing underneath more of their their legs and slashing at their arteries as he went. But after being shot into the air slightly once his chakra strings had pulled him as far as they were able to, he let his kunai float in the air and fall with him before he rapidly withdrew four shuriken with each hand and killed six more soldiers who had been gathering where he was about to land so that they could skewer him with their spears as he fell. But now that they were out of the way, he landed on their bodies and let his falling kunai drop into his hands before he stood and watched his enemies form a circle around him. And while they'd once charged towards him without hesitation, now they all seemed nervous as he he glared at them from behind his visor with his anger not even close to being calmed yet.