Chapter Seven: In where things start go bad

Chaeyoung

"Chaeyoung. This is going to cause a huge scandal. If you take the earliest flight possible back to Singapore, you'll still be able to make it to the concert," Jisoo sounds livid with me. "You just released your most successful album a week ago! This could be the peak of your career. If you postpone the concert like this, a concert than many fans have dedicated so much energy and time on, it's going to ruin your reputation."

"But Jisoo..."

"Listen, I know you're worried about Lalisa. But she's going to be fine. I pulled some strings and found out that she was one of the lucky ones. She hasn't suffered from anything major besides her memory loss which is likely to come back. Besides, do you really think it's a good time to try and make amends with her when she doesn't even know you?"

"I almost lost her, Jisoo," I sniffle, "forever."

"What do you think Lalisa is going to think when she gets her memories back? She was mad at you the last time you two messaged each other before the accident. You're talking to her when she can't even remember her previous feelings towards you. When she gets her memories back, how do you think she's gonna feel? What if she thinks that you were taking advantage of her memory loss?"

"Don't say that!" I whisper-shout, capturing the attention of a passerby.

"It's plausible," Jisoo says back.

"I just," I take a deep breath, "I had a nightmare last night. Where Lalisa wasn't one of the lucky ones and--"

"I've told you this so many times but it's just not sinking into that thick head of yours," I can hear Jisoo groan in frustration, "Right now, you have to choose what's more important to you. Your career or Lalisa. If we have to push back the concert, this is going to cause a huge outrage in the media. Listen, I've looked over your schedule and you have three free days after the concerts in Singapore."

"Okay, fine," I give in. "But if something terrible happens, I'm dropping everything."

I find my way back to Lalisa's room. When I enter, she's staring down at her phone intently. And then I realize there's music playing. My music.

Lalisa looks up from the screen. Her eyes are glossed over with fresh tears and her lips are pulled down into a slight frown. Did she get her memory back?

"You're hiding something from me," Lisa says. "And no, it's not the fact that you're Korea's top celebrity, cause I already know that by now." Lisa looks back down at her phone. "Something happened between us. What happened?"

"We didn't always have the best relationship," I say.

"Stop being so ambiguous and just give me the full story," Lisa demands. "I deserve to know!" she's practically shouting at this point. Seeing her like this shatters my heart.

"There's so much to tell you," I start off, "but I have a flight soon. I can't be here for long."

"What are you hiding from me?!" Lalisa asks.

"Lisa, you need to calm down, right now--"

"Just go away," Lisa falls back onto her back, "I'll find out soon enough. And when I do, I'm probably going to hate you."

"I'll call you," I promise as I'm leaving the room, "Lisa, you can't--" I pause, trying to come up with the right words, "you can't hate me."

I don't know what to do without you.

When I leave the hospital, I am mobbed on my way to the airport. My impromptu flight to Seoul this morning had gone rather unnoticed, but I suppose the internet had figured out I was bound to head back to Singapore sometime soon. I thank the Heavens when I finally make it onto the plane after a few hours.

It's been a long day, and I'm assuming there's been a lot of speculation as to my whereabouts. I take a minute to breathe before looking at the headlines on Twitter.

"Singer Rosé spotted at hospital. Is she okay?"
"Park Chaeyoung's unexpected flight to Seoul. What is this singer up to?"
"Roseanne Park worries fans after being spotted at the hospital."

I shake my head and decide to just send out a tweet to clear everything up before any more rumors can be made.

Rosé
@roses_are_rosie
Hey, everyone! I'm on the flight back to Singapore. I know some of you are worried about what I've been up to. The truth is an old friend of mine was recently injured and I needed to quickly fly back to Seoul to see her for a bit. Alright, see you soon!