Chapter Three: In where Lisa gets really unlucky

Lisa

It's been several days since I messaged Chaeyoung and several days of complete and radio silence. She's been completely absent on any of her social media pages (not that I'm stalking her, I swear I'm not usually like this). I keep on typing and backspacing. It's that time of the year where I just miss Chaeyoung so bad. I've never gotten over her, but I finally gathered enough courage to reach out to her and she accuses me of using her for her success?

I check the time on my watch and realize that I only have twenty minutes before my last class of the day starts. Well, shit. It's mid-November and the weather is starting to get awful. The fact that I'm a broke student who can't afford a proper warm jacket doesn't help.

Chaeyoung knows that I'm broke, but she can't possibly think I want her back for her money, right? She just said that to hurt me. (I think.) She doesn't actually think that, does she? I mean, yes, I am jealous of how successful and rich she is. I'm not saying that she doesn't deserve it, of course she does. But one day after I graduate from university, I'm going to show her. I'm gonna be the best photographer in the nation.

I'm hugging myself as I cross a busy street in the heart of Seoul. There are loud honks coming from every direction and loud shouts here and there, but that's normal in a setting like this. But maybe if I was less sleep-deprived, I could've made out the words of those shouts.

One second I'm walking and the next I'm being knocked off my feet and I can't control my body as I go through the after-effects of a collision. The shouts turn into screams which eventually become muffled. My entire body aches and the pain is so unbearable that I wish I could just die in that moment. I can taste the blood in my mouth and I feel like I'm drenched in red from head to toe. I don't know how I'm still conscious but... There are sirens... Someone's touching me... I'm being lifted... Am I dead?