Chapter 7Out in the Human World

Jake was close, very close and he knew it. "Sarah, Andrew!" Jake barked. "Are you ready to be reunited with your son!" Jake growled evilly. Sarah and Andrew did not want to do this, but they had to because they were part of Jake's group. As soon as a zombie goes into hell they make a pact with the group they join. To always do what the leader wants you to do. If you disobey this pact then you will suffer for all eternity being tortured by the others, being beaten up by the creatures of hell of which do a lot of damage to anything or anyone.

Sarah and Andrew were Nate's parents. They had to work the hardest out of them all for they were the newest people in the group. Funnily enough Jake loved them and despised them for the same reason. That they were Nate's parents. Parents have some sort of power over their children. Jake needed that power for if that other person did give them that warning, they would already be ready. "I need to keep focused. At this moment they might be making objects to kill us! We have to find the gate soon," Jake thought to himself. The burden of holding the power finally sinking in.

"Master I think we have found the gate, but none of us have any idea how to open it. We all have a feeling only you may open it." Dan informed Jake. Dan had now been upgraded to Jake's private secretary.

"Thank you Dan, lead me to this gate. I want to see what you have found." Jake ordered Dan. Dan secretly did not know if Jake could actually open the gate, but as usual if they showed disloyalty to their leader they would be tortured.

After being led to the gate Jake was secretly disappointed that there were not as many zombies as he would have liked to have there. He wanted them to witness him opening the gate which had not been opened for the past 500 years.

The gate was a big vortex going downwards into the ground. It was going downwards because before sand was on top of it so only people who were worthy could find it. Sand was swirling around and around. All you could see from the other side was darkness but all of the rest of it was blocked by sand. Grit was flying everywhere, causing the zombies to squint. As soon as Jake arrived the spraying grit stopped, instead a swooshing noise started. As if to tug them in.

After looking at it intently Jake knew what to do he had to say those ancient words he once learnt a long long time ago. Jake started to speak a language nobody else understood. The more he spoke the louder and more confident he got. Just like before wind began to blow all around them, creating mini sandstorms along the way. Though not one bit of sand touched Jake, while all the other zombies were covered in it.

Finally after Jake finished the incantation, the portal grew bigger and bigger, slowly big enough for everybody to go through at once. They could see the human world through the gate, but only blurred as if to tempt the zombies to go through and see what was there. Just one step and that was all it took. One step until endless supplies of food, sunshine, water... They all missed it so much. Here their wishes were to come true.