Chapter 5The Warning

Warnings come in very different forms. As soon as Aunt Penny left the building there was another knock on the door. Kate immediately went up to answer it. Outside the door stood a tall man with jet black hair. His eyes were as golden as the sun, that was the bit that was not necessarily human. He was also wearing a dark cap with a black leather jacket. To sum it all up he looked like quite a shady man."May I come in?" He asked.

Around 10 minutes later they were all sitting down while the mysterious man named Sharif. Started his story of why he had come.

Intrigued by the story none of the children noticed that every time the man stopped he mumbled mysterious words under his breath. Let alone the fact that they let a stranger in where they were staying. Sharif's story went like this.

"I have come from a far away land. A place with no happiness and only despair. A place you all know as hell. I am the keeper of balance. I see that the people of hell have an idea of what they are capable of. I am hired to try and keep peace between these two lands, but I am also hired to give hints of the future or warnings whenever it is necessary. As you can see by my golden eyes I am not from your land, I am from somewhere much, much older." He ended the sentence, making it sound extremely mysterious. Giving Nate, Kate and Fraser the effect that he wanted them to have. Them wanting to know more.

"Come on Sharif, can you please tell us some more! There must be more!" Fraser moaned and pleaded sounding like a little baby, though he was still attached to the chair.

"So why did you come to us, was it for a warning or for hints about the future." Nate asked truly thinking about it.

"It is about our dreams isn't it. You know how to stop them don't you, or at least you think you do." Kate guessed sounding extremely grave. Kate was the only person who actually remembered the dreams that occurred every night. Kate knew because she was the one who felt most protected out of them all. Ever since the dreams started she remembered them the next morning. Kate also had a true gift to have an idea of what was going on even if nobody told her.

"You're right Kate, about the dreams, and it is also a warning. Only you Kate can remember the dreams each night, the others can't. You have got to make them believe in themselves. Jake has nearly breached through the gate to this world. By sunset they should be through, they will destroy everything in their path. You have to protect each other. They are after Nate's blood. Find a way to destroy the zombies, herd them inside, hide Nate so they will never find him, or kill Nate and dispose of his blood. It is your call." With that the mysterious man Sharif just disappeared into thin air.

"I think I will go eat some more lunch," Kate announced aloud. Just as Kate stood up Nate asked,

"What does he mean it is up to you? What about all of these dreams? What about my blood? Kate, what is going on here?" With all those questions Kate felt all the pressure on her. She was lucky Fraser was asleep otherwise he would be asking questions as well, that was for sure. Fraser did looked funny since he was still chained to the chair asleep. He fell asleep as soon as Sharif started talking to Kate. He missed the bit he would have loved most, the disappearing!

"Let us eat a little bit more lunch and then I will answer all of your questions." Kate promised Nate.