in the rain

a/n: above is brett's apartment. also, prepare for soft breddy ;)

-

(b.y.)
after the saturday night concert, brett and eddy decided to take the bus to the other side of downtown sydney to get bubble tea. the two of them seemed to have a lot of energy, and couldn't stop cracking jokes the entire time they were together. they had grown much closer over the past week, and were more like old friends than new ones.

eddy had changed out of his suit jacket and button-up and into a white t-shirt, which proved to be problematic for brett, who had opted to throw a black sweatshirt over the outfit he wore for the concert. he particularly struggled to keep his eyes off eddy's sculpted arms, which would flex every time he picked up his cup, much to brett's approval.

and for eddy, well he couldn't help but wonder how soft brett's lips were as he watched them wrap around the straw of his bubble tea. he also had to control himself from reaching out to hold brett's small hands under the table as they sat next to each other.

they were falling for each other.

hard.

the two violinists finished off their drinks (eddy had gotten coffee flavored, and brett strawberry) in silence, but not before a loud clap of thunder rolled through the sydney skies.

"it's going to rain soon, we should get going." eddy said, pulling his violin case onto his back.

"yeah" brett sighed in response, not wanting to return to the emptiness of his small apartment, at least not alone.

and so the two walked outside and brett led eddy back to the bus stop. they were a couple blocks away when the rain started to pour, coming down without mercy.

that's when a car turned the corner, running through a puddle, completely drenching eddy.

"oh. my. god." brett exclaimed, failing to hold back his laughter.

"this is so not fair!" eddy whined, trying to shake out his hair like a wet dog.

meanwhile, brett was still laughing at eddy's unfortunate state as eddy attempted to dry his face with the collar of his soaked t-shirt.

"c'mon man, my apartment's not too far from here, you can stay there until the rain stops" brett said, grabbing onto eddy's surprisingly warm hand. they both relished in the comfort of holding each others hand as the rain continued to beat down on them.

and so together they ran, laughing through the pouring rain, trying to avoid the puddles on the way there. after a minute or so they had reached brett's apartment building.

"brett, come on, hurry up already!" eddy said playfully, not wanting to stand in the pouring rain for one more second.

"there's no way you can get any more soaked than you are now" brett laughed, still taking his sweet time to get his keys out of his pocket.

soon enough, they were standing in the elevator, going up to the top floor to get to brett's apartment. eddy, too preoccupied with the state of his clothes and hair, didn't notice brett very obviously checking him out.

brett's eyes seemed to be glued to eddy's lean, slightly muscular torso, which was very much visible under the t-shirt that clung to eddy's body.

the ding of the elevator snapped brett out of his daze, and he reached out to entwine his fingers with eddy's, no longer quite the same timid man eddy had met a week ago in the coffee shop.

he led eddy to his apartment, a stupid grin still plastered on his face. he felt like a teenager again, one that boldly held the hand of his first boy-crush.

(e.c.)
eddy entered the apartment first. it was small and plain, but still neat and had a very comfortable feel to it. the large windows around the main room and kitchen showed the raging storm outside that didn't seem like it was going to let up anytime soon.

he set his violin case on the floor as brett closed the door behind the two of them. he took off his rain-soaked dress shoes, his socks thankfully still dry.

brett was facing away from him, hanging up his sweatshirt by the door and removing his shoes. eddy wouldn't admit it, but brett looked breathtaking in the dim lights of his apartment, his hair disheveled from the rain and his shirt slightly wrinkled and partially unbuttoned. he also missed the feeling of brett's small hand grasping onto his, leading him through the moonlit streets.

"there's towels in the bathroom if you'd like to dry off, or i could lend you a sweatshirt perhaps, if you—"

"brett?" eddy cut him off, moving closer to the shorter man.

"yeah?" brett turned around, his nose nearly hitting eddy's chest, not realizing how close the two were to each other. brett slowly looked up at eddy, and took a startled inhale before eddy grabbed brett's face with both of his hands, and planted a firm kiss on brett's lips, the sound of the rain and thunder merely background noise in the symphony of brett and eddy's heavy breathing.