Day 8 - Writing On Skin (LAMP/Polysanders)

Content warnings: N/A

If you can't take a joke, don't watch the video.

~~~

Roman sat in class. The teacher was rambling on about classical musicians, but he wasn't really listening. He was writing the lyrics to "When" by Dodie on his forearm, and wondering when he would connect with his soulmate. He zoned out before writing the first chorus, and stared out of the window.

"Roman, your investment in the life and work of Bach is very inspiring to your fellow classmates," the teacher said, pulling Roman back to reality.

"Sorry, sir." Roman guilty looked down at his desk, hearing the teacher turn back to the board.

His eyes drifted to the lyrics on his arm, but off to the side were words that he hadn't written.

'What song is that? :)'

Roman had to hold back a yelp of excitement, and opted for shaking instead. He grabbed his pen and started writing a reply.

'When by Dodie Clark.'

'Didn't she write Would You Be So Kind?"

'Yes!'

"Roman, stand outside please. You're not paying attention, so you may as well not be in the class."

Roman jumped at the teacher's voice and stood up. He slunk out of the class, still clutching onto his pen. He leaned back against the wall next to the door, and pulled his arm up.

'This is amazing! I'm not that far through tho'

Roman smiled and began writing a reply, when someone came up to him.

"Roman Prince. It's no surprise that you've been sent out. What did you do?"

Roman looked up and saw Logan Sanders walking up to him, a smirk on his face.

"Ha ha, very funny, Logan," Roman mocked, "I kind of got caught up with my soulmate. The teacher caught me writing to them."

Logan rolled his eyes. "I understand. Soulmates can really be a nuisance. Mine started talking about music, and it was distracting me. I even had to excuse myself from the class. One of them must have had been writing lyrics when they connected. The song was called "When", if I recall correctly."

Roman's jaw hung open. He could barely breathe. Logan? Of all people?

"Show me your arm," Roman managed to say, just about keeping his voice from breaking.

Logan raised an eyebrow and hesitantly held out his left arm. Roman grabbed it, a little too eager, and read the conversation.

'I think I've been telling lies,

'Cause I've never been in love.

Everyone falls for the sunshine disguise,

Distracted by who they're thinking of.

I'd rather date an idea,

Something I'll never find.

So I'll live in the moment,

But I'm never happy here.

I'm surrounded by greener looking times.'

'What song is that? :)'