(New) Chapter 4: The Phoenix and The Rose

Start from the beginning

           Observing the newcomer, (Y/N) noticed that she summoned the force field as she also demonstrated when she formed purple streaks that struck the aircraft.

           Running inside, the sharp-dressed man updated his struggling partner on the situation.

           "We've got a huntress!"

            Standing up, the man's partner, a woman in a fiery red dress handed the role of flying the aircraft to him. She then made her way towards the opening in the aircraft's side, making her self known to the trio on the roof.

           Her hand bursting into flame, causing the designs on her dress to react, she took aim and launched a fireball at (Y/N). The man reacted by grabbing the fire and tossing it back to the sender surprising the assailant and his 'allies'. Taking advantage of the woman's surprise, (Y/N) fired his rifle at the airship's engines causing them serious damage and setting them aflame.

          Seeing this, the fiery woman ran back inside and she and her partner fled. Desperate to not let them go, (Y/N) emptied his current magazine, further riddling the aircraft with holes.

          "Damn," he cursed silently as he watched the smoking aircraft flying into the distance. Turning, he observed the young scythe-wielder and the newcomer.

         "Y-you're a huntress!" Little 'Red' said, surprise and awe plastered across her face, "can I have your autograph?!"

         Instead of answering, the 'huntress' ,as she was dubbed, formed two spherical fields around both 'Red' and (Y/N).

        I can never get a break, can I, (Y/N) thought, annoyed at being diverted from his objective.

        Later, (Y/N) found himself and the young girl in dark room. The only source of light being shone over the red-themed girl. Meanwhile, the 'huntress' stood in a corner, holding onto a tablet.

          Both the young man and the girl were seated at the table as the 'huntress' began pacing about the room.

         "I hope that you realize that your actions will not be taken lightly, young lady," the blond said, "you put others and yourself in great danger."

         "With all due respect, ma'am, they initiated the event to unfold," (Y/N) cut in, catching both of their attention.

         "I will deal with you in a bit," the blond replied, before focusing back on the girl beside (Y/N), "Now, if it were up to me, you two would be sent home... with a pat on the back..."

           The girl brightened up as (Y/N) raised a brow sceptically.

         "...and a slap on the wrist," the 'huntress' finished as she demonstrated, slapping the table with her riding crop. The action caused the young girl to squeal and the soldier to blink and reminisce the days when his hyper-traditional drill sergeant came in wearing a cavalry uniform.

         "However," the woman continued, breaking (Y/N)'s train of thought, "there is someone who'd like to see you both."

        She stepped aside, revealing a grey haired man. The man in question was dressed with a green scarf, a purple cross shape embroidered on it, a dark unzipped suit with a buttoned vest underneath. Also underneath it, was a green shirt. His pants were green, and his shoes were black. In his hands were a mug, and a plate of cookies.

        "Ruby Rose," the man began, as he leaned in close, "you... have silver eyes."

        (Y/N) raised a brow in surprise at the man's action as the now named Ruby Rose stumbled in slight embarrassment.