Chapter 5: Xiushan Police Station

Chu Shu Zi (Lao Chu) and Gou Changcheng (Xiao Gou) arrived at the Xiushan Police Station approximately 10 minutes after they received the notice.

Once inside, they found two women who were complaining to the young police man who was assigned to the desk. The older one of the two, who was probably around late 50's in Lao Chu's guess, was aggressively shouting at the young officer while the younger woman who was probably in her 30's cried silently beside her.

The young officer had clearly lost interest in whatever the woman was saying yet he was nodding every now and then, pretending to listen although he was not.

As their presence remained unnoticed, Lao Chu was free to observe the state of the norm's station.

There are three police officers in the front desk, two of them were male and one was female. The other two who were not receiving the report from the women were discussing something between themselves. The female officer was sitting on her seat in front of her computer while the other officer stood behind her back pointing at her screen every now and them.

Lao Chu scanned the room. It was not that spacious unlike the SIU. Upon entry, you will find yourself in a room about 6 by 4 meter in size with a sofa and several chairs for the visitors. Beside the information desk was a hall that lead to several doors possibly for the offices of the policemen and cells for prisoners. There were also portraits of important looking men hanging as decorations.

The last characteristic of the room made Lao Chu scoff sarcastically. At least in SIU, no unnecessary pictures nor names are being made as decorations.

He then turned back his attention to the women and the officer. He smirked as he saw that the older woman was about to explode as the young officer gave a very non-caring hum for a response.

The older woman grabbed the young officer as her companion tried her best to restrain her. Stronger than her looks, the older woman was able to lift the officer off his chair slamming his upper body on his table.

"Which is why! You shouldn't be sitting here but looking for our husbands! You f*cking son of a gun!" the older woman roared at the officer, her saliva raining on his face.

Xiao Gou was about to step in and interfere yet he was hesitating so much that the other two officers had already pacified the woman before he can take three steps.

With the assurance of the other police officers and the persuasion of her friend, the older woman allowed herself to be seated on the sofa. Once seated, the woman appeared completely worn out. Her aggressive behavior disappeared and a very worried figure surfaced. She broke into tears.

"I just-" The older woman began, her sobbing interrupting her sentences. "I just don't want to find my husband in the same way those other missing persons were found." Her companion also burst into tears as her words were said.

Lao Chu found it odd. According to the repost none of the missing persons have been found so why did the woman say that. He wanted so ask the woman about it however, as he stepped forward he found himself face to face with the police man.

"I'm sorry sir but, what business do you have with us?" officer Chou, as his nameplate indicates, boldly asked Lao Chu.

Lao Chu stared at the man, his eyes steely and emotionless. The man was clearly scared of him, he was shaking and beads of sweat were forming on his temples. So, he decided to play a trick.

Before he could challenge the officer however, Xiao Gou had pulled out his identification card and timidly showed it to the policeman.

"W-w-we are from the S-serial Investigation Unit. We were sent here to gather the files that had not been sent to the office and Chu-ge wanted to investigate a little." Gou Changcheng introduced themselves as politely as he could despite his stammering but he still thinks it sounded a bit rude, so he tried to fix it by saying.