Chapter 11- Not Really

Inside the police station, SIU gathered to discuss the evidence and facts of the case before Shen Wei goes inside the interrogation room. Suddenly, a middle-aged woman came bursting inside the station with tears in her eyes.

"Help! Please help me. My husband is missing," she said urgently.

Probably afraid that no one will take her seriously and drag her out, she quickly shoved a very crumpled picture to one of the officers' faces.

"This! This is his picture. His name is Yuo surnamed Feng. He didn't come home last night. He is also a scavenger, we are only poor people," the woman continued barely pausing to breathe.

"This woman—" the unfortunate officer started.

Shen Wei stepped forward, gently taking the photo from the woman's outstretched hand.

"Ma'am, your husband is fine. We managed to rescue him just in time. He's at the hospital right now, but I can assure you that he is not in danger and will be alright."

As if in a trance the woman allowed herself to be seated on the sofa. The rest of the people looked somber when they took a good look at the person in the picture. It was the man they had rescued this morning.

"Hospital? But we don't have money for hospitals," the woman said, her tone complicated.

"No worries ma'am, we'll cover the hospital expenses with the money that was recovered from the perpetrator," Yunlan appeared behind the doctor, smiling widely at the woman.

After a while, the woman stood up to go to the hospital to look after her husband. Officer Chou offered to drive her and be her escort, just in case.

"Since when had the SIU covered medical expenses using the money retrieved from thieves?" Da Qing asked.

"Since I asked the Superintendent," Yunlan replied, smoothly holding on to Shen Wei's elbow and guiding him to the interrogation room. "Let Zhu Hong take care of it."

"Did he?" Da Qing looked at the rest of the team. The other just looked at him and shrugged their shoulders.

Zhao Yunlan and Shen Wei waited for the team outside the interrogation room while observing Chen Yongfeng through the one-sided glass mirror.

"Are you going inside with me?" Shen Wei asked the Chief.

"I can't?"

"I'll prefer it if I do the interrogation alone."

It wasn't a no but, it was certainly not an affirmative either. Yunlan's mustache twitched, his eyes twinkling as he smiled at the doctor's passive request.

"Alright, I'll just stay here watch you play your tricks then."

The doctor looked like he wanted to say something else but, in the end, he gave Yunlan his signature small smile as he readjusted his frameless glasses.

The rest of the team slowly piled in and Lin Jing took over the controls while Shen Wei entered the room where Chen Yongfeng sat.

The man sat languidly, as lazy as he could with his hands cuffed to the table. Only his eyes moved when Shen Wei entered the room. They were droopy, looking as if he couldn't care less but intent enough to make someone like Gou Changcheng tremble. The man was huge and his frame covered the metal chair uncomfortably.

Shen Wei sat opposite the man. His demeanor is very calm. He placed a folder on the table and clasped his hands over it.

"Hello, Chen Yongfeng. I'm Shen Wei."