Chapter 9

Eren's POV

Weird. Why was Levi smirking at me. I decided to get out my sketchbook and decided drawing. I noticed that I was drawing a person. I just let my hand do all the work. It has been about 30 minutes and I'm finally done with the sketch.

"Geez brat, you've been drawing in that book for 30 minutes now. What did you draw?" He asked curiously. "Oh! Uh.. it's just a sketch.." I answered while scratching the back of my neck. "You we're working on a sketch for 30 minutes? You must really be into art." I chuckled a little bit and went back to drawing. I noticed that I drew a sketch of three people. Again, I let my hand do all the work.

I finally finished the drawing and looked at it. It.. consisted of.. Mikasa, Armin, and my mother. I started to tear up a little bit. Levi noticed this and walked up to me. He placed his hand on my shoulder. "Hey, are you ok?" He took a look at my drawing. "Is this your family?"

"Yeah.. well, one of them is my best friend. But I considered him family." I quickly shut my sketchbook.

"Hey.. it's going to be ok. Mind filling me in on what happened?" I looked at him with a surprised expression once again. It still feels weird for him to care so much. "Uh yeah, sure."

I cleared my throat. "It started when I was just five years old.."
————————————————————————

"Hey Eren, wanna play ball with me and Armin?" My sister, Mikasa asked. "Sure! Just give me a minute!" I put on a necklace with a key on it and went outside.

I found Armin and Mikasa already playing outside. Mikasa was my adoptive sister. My mom, dad, and I were out for a nice relaxing walk when we heard crying. We found her in the bushes for some reason. We took her into our house and she told us all about herself. Apparently she was the same age I was and her mother and father abandoned her a month ago. My family decided to adopt her. She was so happy that it made me happy. But sometimes, she can be a little overprotective sometimes.. But that's ok!

Armin, my bestest friend. I met him a year ago in the neighborhood. I noticed that he was getting bullied. I tried to take them down but I got beat up instead. It hurt.. a lot.. but Armin was there to help me. We went through everything together after that. Everything was fine. I introduced him to Mikasa and now everything is way more better!

"Hey! Don't start without me!" I yelled to them. "And stop playing on the road! It's dangerous.."

"Oh come one Eren. It's fine! If any cars were to see us, they would obviously honk their horns." Armin said while holding the ball.

"Well.. I guess you're righ-"

Suddenly, a car went straight for them. My eyes widened at the sight. There was blood everywhere. A person wearing a black hoodie came out of the car. They suddenly pulled out a revolver and aimed for me. I cried and closed my eyes. I begged for anyone to help. Until.. I heard a loud bang. I.. thought I was shot. I slowly opened my eyes to see my mother right in front of me. She was.. bleeding.

"M-..mom?" I called out to her. I turned her over to see her eyes widened as her head started to bleed. I looked up to see that.. man coming towards me. I couldn't move.. I couldn't speak.. He brought a knife towards my neck.

"So.. this is the afterlife?" He said. "You are much more weaker than before, Eren.."

H-how did he know my name? Suddenly, I heard many sirens. I saw many cops and medics. Before anything else happened, I blacked out.

...

...

I tried to open my eyes but everything was to bright for me to fully open my eyes. I squinted until my eyes adjusted to the brightness. I fully opened my eyes. It was white.. and clean. I saw a lady come up to me. I panicked a little.

"Hey it's ok! I'm not going to hurt you."

I tried to speak.. but I couldn't. My throat felt raw.

"Yeah.. you won't be able to talk for a little while. You're probably confused on where you are or why you're here. For starters, you are in a hospital. You're here because of the mass Murderer that came to your neighborhood. I'm not sure what he did but he did make you sleep for 4 days, that's for sure. You seem fine other than the fact you can't speak. You do have a visitor though."

She opened the door and my dad came in. Dad?! I'm so happy he's alive. I smiled brightly at him but he looked away. W-why did he look away from me?

"I'll leave you two catch up while I'll do some work." The nurse left the room with me and my father.

"You're such a disappointment, you know that right?"

W-what? I looked at him with wide eyes.

"Don't be dumb! You could've saved them, and yet, you just- stood there! Doing nothing! You could've done something! But-.. YOUR MOTHER IS DEAD BECAUSE OF YOU. MIKASA IS DEAD BECAUSE OF YOU. AND ARMIN IS DEAD BECAUSE OF YOU. THEY'RE ALL DEAD." He yelled. It hurt. Why does everything hurt. Not my body, but, my heart?

I started to tear up. I never felt so neglected.

"I can't believe you're my son." And with that, he left the room.
————————————————————————

"And that's basically the whole story of how my family died. Well, aside from my father, of course." I said while leaning my chin against the palm of my hand.

"O-oh.. I'm.. so sorry about that. I didn't-" I interrupted him. "Yeah, you didn't know. But it's fine. You don't have to feel sorry. It already happened. And that's that."

"Wait, so your father told you that you're a disappointment, right?" He looked at me curiously. "Uh, yeah? What about it?"

"Has he ever.. apologized to you? Or has he hated you ever since?"

Shitshitshitshitshitshitshitshit. What do I do? The bell finally rang, signaling me to go to lunch.

"weLP TIME FOR LUNCH LEVI! SEE YOU TOMORROW!"

He suddenly grabbed my wrist and dragged me to his desk. "You are staying in my classroom. Did I not say that?"

"Uhhhh.."

"You'll be eating my lunch today so you don't have to worry."

"Oh I don't really eat-" I quickly shut myself up.

"What was that?" He gave me a stern look. "Why don't you eat? You're so skinny! It looks like you haven't ate in years! I'm going to make you eat my lunch and that's final!"

Now that he mentioned it, I do look really skinny. I looked down at my torso and out my hand against my ribs. I could literally feel my bones. I let out a huge sigh. "It must've been my father. He usually starves-" I quickly covered my mouth with my hands.

"What?" He glared at me. "That's it! I'm going to call the cops!" My eyes widened.

"No!" I yelled out.

"What? Why not?! He's been abusing ever since that day, right?! That's not how you treat a child at all! We need to get the police involved!" He pulled out his phone out of his pocket and started to dial a number.

"NO! Please.." I looked at him sadly. "I'm just.. scared.. what if he breaks out of prison and beats me up again? What if he won't let me see sunlight again. What if he keeps starving me! W-what if-" Levi put his hand on my shoulder.

"I won't let that happen. I won't let anything happen to you. But we need to get the police involved. Understand?" He reassured me. I nodded. He sighed with relief.

"Alright.. were going to the police station and file a report. After that.." he glances at his desk.

"Let's go meet this father of yours.."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Woooooo! I finally made a long chapter! I forgot to say this on my last chapter but Happy Late Pride Month!! Anywayss I'm actually proud of myself for once for this chapter. But there's probably going to be a lot of spelling errors. But once I finish this book, I'll rewrite it. Anyways, see you next time!

~Demmola123

Word count: 1360