I heard Karan talking to someone on the phone nervously in the bedroom.

"Don't worry. I will deliver  it  on time. I won't let you down."

I didn't meant to eavesdrop his conversation. It was accidental.

"Yeah, I collected it today. It's in the car. You know I can't bring it to the house. I live with my sister." He paused for some time.

"Sure. I.." Suddenly his eyes wandered at the door, which was slightly ajar and I was behind it.

I suppose he sensed me. I panicked and went back to Shreya. After some time Karan came . He stared at me in panic. I looked at him suspiciously. There was something odd about him. I quickly bid Shreya goodbye and went from there.

*Present* 

"Ayesha, let's go. We're here." Zoya called. 

We were in the City Hospital with Ritika for her check up. She was not feeling well so we decided it was better to consult a doctor. Ritika went with the doctor for the examination. After some time we were called inside.

"Everything seems fine. Nothing is wrong. It's just the initial stage of pregnancy. You will get over this." the doctor assured Ritika.

She wrote something in her notepad and looked at us, " You guys are?"

"Ritika's best friends." Zoya said. 

The doctor nodded and turned to Ritika, "You should inform your parents Ritika. I am their best friend and I can't hide this from for long , dear."

"I know Mrs. Gupta. But trust me I want to tell them on my own. Please give me some time. They are coming this weekend and first thing I am gonna do is tell them about this." Ritika requested.

The doctor nodded, " This is the complete report and your diet plan. Also your dates of check up is mentioned. Please make sure you fill in the form at the reception desk before you go." 

We exited the clinic. I went to the reception desk to fill in the form and asked Ritika and Zoya to go and sit in the car. While I was filling the form, I found a patient's file on the desk and it read,

                                                                       ' PATIENT NUMBER: 501

                                                                   PATIENT NAME: KARAN SHARMA'                                                               

I was shocked. Is it him? Does that mean he didn't died? The scenes from that night played in my mind. I was terrified. I was numb, it felt like blood has stopped flowing through my mind.

"Give this file to the girl in the ICU number 4." The receptionist ordered to the nurse.

I quickly filled the form and followed the nurse to the ICU. I peeped through the glasses. There he was  lying on the hospital bed unconscious, attached to the huge machines. Shreya was sitting beside with a sad face.The nurse went inside and talked  with her. After the nurse left from there she looked at me in shock and came outside.

"What are you doing here?" she asked in an angry tone.

"Shreya! He is..." 

"Alive? Well unfortunate for you Ayesha, he is alive." she snapped at me.

I looked at her with tears in my eyes, " Why would it be unfortunate for me Shreya? I never wanted to kill him."

"Oh really Ayesha? For God's sake stop wearing that innocent mask of yours." she shouted at me.