Act Two

The rest of the day went alright. As much as it could be.. There were no incidents. Yet. The performance was going to be in a few hours. Anything could go wrong. It was not my problem now. I was very lucky to have my break right now. Nothing really important, but if anything would go wrong.. It was not my problem. 'Break' really meant eating and waiting for the walkie to go off. My tired feet tapped on the stairs. The metallic sound was strange, but the only calming sound i liked. This was the only place that was quiet. And no one knew. This was my own private safe zone. It was cold here, but a small price for some alone time. The cold would stick to my clothes, but by the time the tragic moments would happen my clothes would be warm again. My lunch was still untouched beside me. Even the candy i kept in my pockets. Untouched. The hunger inside me was still not there. At least i was alone.

"Who is up there?" A voice cut half of my daydreaming away. I couldn't hear who it was. I was so high up all the voices sounded the same.

"Julie. 514." I identified myself as fast as possible. It was better getting fired than arrested. They were not cheap on the security around here.

There was a long silence. All i was hoping for was whoever was down there would have left. Seeing a shadow coming up the stairs immediately broke that hope. In no time someone stood before me. I jumped up. My eyes immediately focused on the floor. Shit. Shit. Shit.

"My apologies Mister Faist." I grabbed my stuff as fast as i could. I made myself to pass by him. Ready to know what the air around him was like. Creepy, but a feeling i needed to know. This was all so strange. And awkward. I walked down the steps. Don't fall. Don't fall. Don't. You. Dare. Fall. That was all i could think about. The last step between us made me sweat. His eyes were probably watching me walk like a complete fool. My legs felt twice as heavy. Shit. I tried to step passed him, but he stepped in my way.  He did that a few times until i gave up and stayed still. The silence between us was killing me. What was i thinking coming up here. Better yet. What was he thinking? He must be thinking something in the line of 'freak'.

"Hand it over." He nodded to my jacket. I still couldn't look up at him. I handed my jacket to him. There was nothing else to give him. He would go with my jacket to the boss. My code was stitched in the jacket. Everyone had that. He would make sure i was getting fired after he left. Would it be weird to beg for another chance? Then something completely out of my mind happened. He stepped aside. He gave me the chance to walk away now

I had to do it. Walk passed him. Before completely leaving i sneaky looked behind me. He did something i had no expected. He reached inside the pockets. What does he know? I was going to be in so much more trouble now. Shit. Having candy was also against the rules. The rule was added because most of the 'stars' had special diets. I had no idea if he had a diet..