21-What Comes After Forever (10k bonus chapter)

A/n: The song is I Wouldn't Mind by He is We. A lyric video from YouTube. All rights to their original owners.

Hana's POV

There's no telling what comes after forever. I'm older now. I just turned 80 today. Mori is now 82. I sighed, "Forever is a long time."

My kids have their own kids. Haru had a daughter named Atsumi and a son named Riku. Atsumi has a son named Yun. Riku has a son named Rin and a daughter named Hina. Hatsu had triplet boys Hanato, Haruku, and Haruhi. Only Hanato has a daughter named Lily.

I never assumed that five grandkids and three great grandkids would have been part of my forever. I never even assumed twins when I calculated it. Yet I love my boys.

Takashi came into the living room and sat beside me. I was completely wheelchair ridden again. I was wanted back in prison again, yet I'm just a jailbird.

Takashi cleared his throat, "Happy Birthday Dear." I smiled feeling my face wrinkle, "Thanks baby. I love you." He responded, "I love you too."

---1 year Later on---

3rd Person POV

Haru picked up the phone. He heard, "Sir, I'm sorry. Please come to the main estate, we just called your brother." Haru rushed out not saying goodbye to his family. He was almost certain he already knew.

Hatsu's POV

My limo driver was rushing to get to the estate. Eventually I arrived and rushed out of the limo not waiting for them to open the door. I rushed up the stairs following Haru.

We ran through the house all the way to our parents room. For a moment I was frozen. I stared in...

---memory---

Haru and I were 16. Mom smiled, "It's up to you boys if you compete like your daddy." I sighed, "Well we've already been competing for years mom." Haru sighed, "Thanks mom, we'll consider nationals more."

Mom seemed shaky as she walked that day. She seemed like she hadn't always done it. I saw dad come in. He was strong, muscular and tall. I knew as much from sparring.

---end memory---

---memory---

Dad handed my brother and I wooden katanas. He said, "I will train you..." Then he disappeared and a few seconds later was back in the same spot. Everything around us the fell from what we had to assume to be dad's doing.

He smiled, "in kendo. That is if that's what you boys want." Haru and I cheared about it. We were at the young age of five and this was very exciting.

---end memory---

I saw dad in bed by himself. Haru went to his right and I went to his left. In unison we called out, "Dad." He said, "Oh... Boys I'm sorry. I'm just, well... It's my time. My will is in the top drawer of my office desk..." I called out, "No dad... You can't..." Haru was silently crying.

Dad said, "Boys... Mom and I loved you... So dearly, your mom wasn't supposed to live to thirty. She was supposed have been really... Really dead by the time you were six." I said, "Dad come on, please stay."

Dad smiled, "Mom always said, "Forever surprises me, it has endless possibilities." So I don't know what will happen... I love you boys and your families too. Goodbye..."

After a few more minutes we were both holding his hands as he took his last breath. We sobbed for hours.

---Many years later---

Hana's (no not original) POV

I called out, "Mommy, so this is Great Great Grandma and Great Great Grandpa's grave?" My mom, Lily, nodded, "Yes." I question, "Why does it say, "Forever has endless possibilities" on the back?"

Mom smiled, "Well that's because she had always thought about forever. She passed away when I was your age." I said in surprise, "When you were 10?!"

She nodded lightly, "Yeah." I said, "Why does it say they died the same day? Was it some accident?" Mom nodded, "No look Great Great Grandpa died a year after her." I asked, "Why was she born and died on the same day?"

Mom stated, "I don't know, she died on her 80th birthday. Then he died a year later. I assumed he passed to follow her. But he was taking care of your great grandpa in the mean time."

I asked, "Is great great grandma why I was named Hana like her?" Mom smiled with a nod, "Yes, sweetie. She's the kindest, most independent and most determined woman I ever meet."

I asked, "Mommy?" She said, "Yes?" I asked, "What does independent and determined mean?" Mom smiled lightly, "I'll explain it another day sweetie." I nodded, "Alright."

A/n: Yes I know this ending is sad. Yet due to their ages in chapter 20, the original ending, I didn't have too many options. Hana was always amazing and Takashi was always caring. So let's remember them as that. Also remember, "Forever has endless possibilities."