12-Chika and the Commoner's Mall

Hana's POV

I watched a boy challenge Honey to sparring. Why does this happen on my first day back?! The fight only lasted a couple of minutes and Honey won. The boy's pant legs were stuck to the ground with shurikens.

Later I found out that the boy's name is actually Yasuchika Haninozuka. But he goes by Chika and is Honey's little brother. Kyoya patted my head, "Don't get in between Honey and Chika. They have a major sibling rivalry. Chika doesn't believe Honey takes martial arts seriously which is the cause of it."

I gave him the respect that he wants martial arts to be serious. In the end, honey is a lot stronger than Chika though. Afterward, the hosts and Kyoya left for the club room. Chika had finally freed his legs.

I was rolled beside Chika to Ourans gates. Chika glanced at me, "Why are you in the host club? You're a girl." I gently smiled, "I'm a manager." He looked at me, "So you're always around the monster?"

I sighed, "Honey isn't a monster. He's just strong and likes sweets." Chika shook his head, "Well do you like anyone in the club? Specifically, anyone who isn't the monster?"

I stared at him, "I don't know. But it doesn't work that way. You have to let people be themselves. And if you get to be part of their life... It's a good thing." He glanced at me, "As long as it's not my brother." I nodded, "It isn't him." Chika smiled and waved goodbye as he walked out the gates.

--Flashback--

I said, "M-Mori." He moved his hand to my forehead while I still felt weighed down to my hospital bed. He said, "Why?" I said, "Why? Oh, why did I get sick? I-I must've eaten garlic. It had to have been it the mashed potatoes."

Mori gently rubbed my cheek. I asked, "W-Why did you choose t-to get engaged to m-me?" He had a faint smile, "I chose you because..."

--end flashback--to be continued--

---10 days later---

I woke up in my wheelchair. I was getting pushed around, "H-hi?" I gently sat up a little. I felt a large hand on my head ruffling my hair. Ah, it's Mori. I glanced up at my surroundings, "Where are we?" Mori stated, "Shopping center."

I gently stared around in confusion still. I asked, "Where is Kyoya?" I didn't get a response so I gently sighed. I stared down and noticed I was in black jeans and a grey t-shirt. I pondered, "Who dressed me?" To which I heard the response, "Maids."

I gently looked at my lap and felt at my phone and an emergency pen. I felt the other and didn't feel anything. If I'm out shopping then did they pack my wallet? I tried to find it but didn't. I asked, "Mori do you know if the maids gave my wallet to anyone?"

I stopped being pushed and stared as Mori came in front of me. He handed me a small black wallet, my wallet. I opened it immediately seeing my ID card. He went back around and started pushing me again. I looked inside and noticed my money.

I drug my phone out of my pocket. I guess I should find out where Kyoya is. I called three times and each time he didn't pick up. Did he leave his phone at home? Umm... that's not like him.

Mori kept pushing me around and I looked around at the vendors. Something seemed off though. Then I noticed it, where is Honey? I asked, "Where's honey?" He sighed, "Candy Store." I nodded my head, that's honey for you.

I've come to notice Mori does talk to me a little more nowadays. Even if they are just short replies. I looked at a small stall that had bracelets. I glanced at them, they're so pretty. He must've noticed me staring and asked, "Do you want one?" I gently nodded, "Kind of."

He got out his wallet he ended up getting a dark blue one and a black one. We both put them on. I stared at the beadwork. I got out my wallet, "I'll pay you back." He shook his head no and patted my head. He gently pushed my wallet back towards me.

We ended up going along continuously just looking. I ended up sitting on a bench waiting for him to get back from the bathroom. Then I heard for my brother, supposedly a missing child, to report to the service desk.

After Mori got back we headed there as well. Mori and I arrived to join the rest of the hosts in finding Kyoya I smiled. I watched Tamaki's new dog, Antoinette, lick his face. Her big red bow on her. I stared at Kyoya and his rough glare that wasn't on me.

-----

I went into the house with Kyoya behind me. I smiled and quietly said, "I'm home." I went up the elevator with Kyoya and to my room. Kyoya came in as well closing the door behind him. He questioned, "Did you at least enjoy today?" I said, "Yeah. I can tell you didn't though."

He said, "I had no choice in the matter. Tamaki came over and forced both of us to go." He then stated, "I noticed you and Mori's bracelets." I said, "Yeah, he got us them." Kyoya grinned, "Isn't that nice. I'm glad you seem happily engaged Hana."

I clutched the bracelet, "Yet what does it really mean? He barely talks to me. Yet I know that doesn't mean much. Honey is his cousin and he barely talks to him too."

Kyoya said, "You're observant. Yet he does talk to you, that says a lot." I said, "Yet Kyoya I don't really know how to act... How's a person supposed to act around the person they're engaged to?"

Kyoya stared at me, "Well naturally the girl would be sweet and nice. She'd try to be prime wife material while the male would try to cater to the girl and take care of her. He'd typically try to be a defender for her. In your case, you don't need to worry about that part."

I asked, "What part?" Kyoya sighed and came over and stood in front of my wheelchair patting my head. He said, "I trust Mori can protect you." He ruffled my hair with a faint smile, "You'll be a great wife too."

I joked, "The club girls would flip if they ever saw you act like this. It isn't like how you portray yourself in the club." He nodded and walked towards the door. He said, "I know, I'm the cool type."

I giggled a little then sighed. I let the smile fade into contention. I said, "Kyoya..." He opened the door but looked at me, "Yes, Hana?"

I said, "Kyoya... I'm really glad that you're my big brother. I don't think I could've ever overcome being a prisoner, then getting free without you." His face was void but I could tell by his eyes he was really happy, "Thank you, Hana. I'm glad you're getting better now."

Originally Posted Feb. 16, 2019
Most recently updated Sep. 22, 2019