13-Newspaper then Supper

Hana's POV

I stared at the newspaper club that was following us around. Why does this have to happen? This feels creepy. I can tell they're up to no good. I just hope Kyoya's tape catches them. Renge was posing in front of them and taking their attention.

The hosts were playing a game called kick the can. I sighed, I can't play this one. I went and sat in my chair by the tree. The newspaper people came up to me. I gently smiled at them. Kyoya said we aren't actually supposed to talk to them. I stared at them I watched them push their president forward.

He straightened his tie, "Well, um... We'd like to interview you." I gently smiled, "No thanks, it's not supposed to happen anyway." He said, "Why not Miss Ootori?" I smiled, "I'd just rather sit and relax." He sighed, "Well how do you feel being surrounded by the hosts?" I looked at him, "There wasn't supposed to be interviews."

He stated, "You and Renge are the only girls." I added, "There's nothing wrong with that." He backed away, "No there's nothing wrong with it. I just meant..." With that honey came running over and grabbed my hand pulling my attention to him. Then he let it go as I stared at him.

He grinned, "Hey Han-chan, we're playing a new game!" I gently smiled, "What's it called?" He said, "Well we try to get closer to Tama-chan while his back is turned. Then you stand still while he's staring at us."

-----

The hosts ended up intimidating the newspaper club. Showing them obvious proof by presenting a recording chip. Which that credit goes to Kyoya. I smiled at them not knowing what to think anymore. I guess this is why nobody wants to get on the host club's bad side. They're really powerful names. Me and Kyoya being up their. 

After the hosts left the room I went to go out. Then I called back at them, "Remember C. S. Lewis said "you can make anything by writing." So you can make yourself glorious again. Just don't be fake news tabloids, nobody likes them."

-----

We ended up in a high class top floor restaurant. We sat beside the floor to ceiling windows. I said, "This place has a 3 month waiting list." Kyoya said this place was really nice. He gently nodded. The candle in the middle of the table illuminated the food.

In front of me sat a chicken Alfredo pasta assured to not have garlic. Mori had a well done steak. The sear marks noticeable. We ate our meal in silence enjoying the scenery. I said, "The city lights look so pretty." He simply responded, "Yeah." I sighed, "Hey..."

He looked at me, "Yes?" I whispered, "You're so kind." He remained silent then gently nodded. He stated, "I have a plan after we leave." I asked, "What?" Yet I was left with silence as he continued eating. So I chose to follow his lead and got back to eating myself.

A smile laid on my relaxed face. Eventually we finished our meal. I said, "So..." He stated, "Let's go." I rolled back away from the table. Mori came over and grabbed my napkin from the table. He gently wiped my mouth. I felt my cheeks heat up.

Then my chair started getting pushed. Mori is such a gentleman... I said, "Mori..." He cut me off, "Takashi." I said, "T-Takashi?" I heard, "Mhmm." This is different. I said, "T-Takashi where are we going?" I was left with silence and was confused.

-----

Eventually we arrived at the Morinozuka mansion. I smiled as he helped me by picking me up out of the limo and placing in my wheelchair again. He's really gentle. I said, "So Mori..." Yet he cut me off again, "Takashi."

I said, "So Takashi... What is it?" After minutes of silence we had gotten in the house and reached the stairs. I said, "Upstairs..." After saying my thought I kept staring up. Mori lifted me and the wheelchair up. He packed me up the stairs like that one day me and Kyoya came for dad.

We went into a room and I instantly noticed it as Mori's room. The black bed with its black headboard and footboard. The black comforter and pillows. The dark blue walls were cool. I stared at the tv and game console. He said, "Want to play?" I gently shrugged, "I don't know."

He headed out of the room. Why'd I get left alone? Soon enough he came in with a small wooden basket. I said, "What's in it?" He simply replied, "Cover your eyes." I did as I was told and sighed.

There was a light wait on my lap. The basket is what I assumed it to be. I felt excited like a little kid. He said, "Open them." I opened my eyes and immediately looked down. In the basket there was a black short haired kitten.

The kitten stared up at me with piercing green eyes. I mumbled, "Hey little buddy." The kitten responded with a mew. I stated, "I guess we should name you..." I stared at Takashi and he pointed at me. I said, "I guess I'll name you buddy. You'll be my little buddy."

Originally Posted Feb. 17, 2019
Most recently updated Sep. 22, 2019