|CHAPTER 44|

Mulai dari awal

I walk slowly out of the house, looking to make sure there are no rogues around us. I start at a light jog and once I make sure they are alright before running. A few seconds after running, Alice yells, "Everett behind us!"

I stop and look, there are about three rogues running towards us. I stop and the kids get off. I growl at them and they take that to mean to hide. It's good enough. I need them just to stay there as I hold off the rogues.

The rogues stop in front of me and snarl. I return the gesture and make sure to stand in front of the tree the kids are behind. I growl as they take a step closer. I can't let them get close to them. I'm the Luna of this pack and I need to protect them. If these rogues are Archer's they will expect me to surrender easily in fear. Alice said my name so they know who I am for sure. I need to take them by surprise and attack first.

I lunge quickly and take the smallest rogue to the ground my teeth deep into their neck as I shake my head. The whimper under me before going silent as I rip open their throat. The second and third rogue attack and knock me to the ground. I hear the kids scream for me but I growl at them to stay where they are.

I paw at the underbelly of the rogue on top of me and feel the slice of their skin under my claws. They whimper and let go of my shoulder. I hurry to push them off of me and stand up. They circle me. I limp as I try to stay away from them. My shoulder is hurt from the bite and there are scratches along my side from.

One of the rogues lunges at me but I manage to jump out of the way. I can't put weight on m front left leg. I have to limp. I growl through the pain. Both the rogues lunge at me, going for my neck and I know I can't avoid both of them.

They never reach me though as two wolves jump and block them. Bryson and Logan. They must've beaten the other rogues. I sigh in relief and fall to the ground as they finish the rogues off. Justin and Alice run up to me, hugging my face, careful of my wounds. The other two kids run up to Logan as Bryson stomps over to me. He growls at me deeply and shakes his head at the kids to go with Logan. They hug me tightly before running after Logan and follow him.

I shift as Bryson shifts and I sit next to him. He picks me up and starts jogging. He doesn't say anything to me and just stares blankly in front of us as he runs to the pack house. My wounds aren't too bad. Just a deep bite mark on my shoulder and a couple cuts on my side.

As he sets me in the bed of the pack hospital. He stares at me angrily. "I told you to stay in the safe room."

"I'm sorry Bryson." I whisper as the doctor comes in to check my wounds. I need a couple stitches but other then that I just need some bandages. Bryson doesn't talk to me as he sets me in the bed and slams the door.

"You could've died out there Everett! You're lucky the only wounds you got are those! It could've been way worse!" Bryson's voice raises as he stares down at me.

"I couldn't leave them out there. Those rogues would've found them and killed them!" I yell back.

Bryson sighs and sits next to me. "We will start your combat training once you're healed in the next few days. Thank you for saving them."

"It's my job as Luna." I whisper and smile at him. I kiss him deeply. "I'm sorry for not listening."

"It's to be expected. You never listened to me before anyways," Bryson smirks and pushes me against the bed, towering over me. "I'll just have to teach you to listen."

I giggle and wrap my arms around him pulling him on top of me, not caring about my wounds. "You got quiet the job ahead of you."

"I'm prepared for it." Bryson doesn't let me say anything else as he kisses me deeply, sending tingles throughout my entire body. 

|AUTHOR'S NOTE|

Nice long chapter for all of you. And three days of updating in a row! It feels amazing!

How has your week been?