In fact, Graham swore never to set foot in her presence again...

Only she was sat, with her brother, in the living room, discussing business like none of them hadn't killed before.

"Ah, son, please join us. The quicker we get this over with the better." Vincent said, patting the place beside him.

Graham, however, chose to sit on the oak rocking chair. A sturdy construction with intricate carved designs. It had been passed down and used by almost every woman in the family, Veronica would be the recipient of this tradition once her child was born.

Shortly after, Cynthia-May swooped in with the muffins and other nibbles spread out on a tray. Her bright smile dropped when she saw her son sat on her chair. Graham sighed, this left him no choice but to sit directly opposite Ama.

"Now to start off with, I'm going to say I am beyond disappointed with my son. I really did think we'd raised you better than to let your emotions take over so drastically." Vincent sent a glare to his son.

"It's really no prob..."

"But it is a problem, a big one. That is why Cynthy and I have come up with a solution."

Graham's eyes darted from his mother, to his father then to Ama. She wore but leggings and an oversized sweater, that of which seemed to belong to Richie who was dressed similarly.

But it didn't matter what Ama wore, she would look beautiful regardless. She didn't wear her shades and her eyes seemed to shine with an emotion he couldn't read.

"And what will said solution be..?" Richie questioned, looking a little thrown. He seemed the kind of brother who wouldn't hesitate to protect his sister...

Not that she needs protection. Graham thought mentally rolling his eyes.

"A date!" Cynthia-May squealed, ready to detonate with excitement. "Vince and I have set up a date for Ama and Graham. You'll be staying in a luxury Villa in Alaska for a week."

The reactions in the room were scattered. Vincent wore a smug smile while Richie tried to hide his in a muffin. Ama, cheeks stuffed, looked like a doe caught in a cars head light.

Graham on the other hand didn't know how to react. He wanted to be mad at his parents for their decision, but then he also wanted an excuse to be around Ama.

But he wasn't sure if he could handle it. "No." The word was out before he even registered it. But when he finally did, it was too late, and his mother looked down at him with an angry face. He gulped.

"No!?" She said, a drastic change in her accent. "No! My one and only son, my son who has been through so much, finally finds a person who makes him happy. And all because you saw her kill someone in self defense. Then you pretend to hate her for it, get drunk and hospitalised a man for, and I quote, 'Touching your woman'"

From that moment Graham knew he had no choice. He was going to go or stay in new York and never eat his mother's food again.

Ama sat silently in the car. Richie had long gone back into the house, but she sat numbly in her seat going over the earlier conversation... Or demand.

Well, she wasn't opposed to it, and did want a chance to explain herself at least. But that all depended on Graham, and he seemed far from willing.

Her nose stang and a small tear rolled down her cheek. It wasn't fair...

Graham knew that his parents were right, and deep down he knew he would've drifted back to Ama anyway. But after being a first hand witness to what she did, he was going to need more than just an explanation to get through this.

He stepped out of the elevator, nervous with anticipation, he wanted to know what she thought, if she wears willing to open up.

"Graham?" Came Phoebe's voice. "You have some nerve showing your face around here." She looked just about ready to kick him out.

"I know, and I'm sorry. I came here to apologize to her. Please let me say sorry to Ama."

Phoebe sighed,  "Whatever, but I won't sympathies if she kicks you out"
Ama couldn't kick him out... He had an agenda.

When he entered the office, he noticed the heavy metal playing quietly, Ama was curled up on a chair reading a book. She was calm and collected, unlike the meas in her office.

"What happened in here." He asked.
Ama looked up at him, then went back to her book. For the first time ever, the silence between them was awkward.

"Look, Ama I came to apologize for my behaviour last night."

He shifted uncomfortably, waiting for a response that never came.

"And about my parents idea... The thing is... I really like you Ama, as more than just a friend, and I thought we were more than just friends. But after what you did I realized that we really don't know eachother. I want to know the truth, about everything. But I don't think we can ever have a relationship."

The lie tasted like acid in his mouth. He know knew he'd go to the ends of the earth for her. But she was still unknown territory. He wanted to know if loving Ama would be a mistake, not that he cared.

Ama removed her shades and shared at him. His heart squeezed at the sight of un-shed tears in her eyes.

"I never wanted you to find out like this." She sobbed. "I wanted to tell you but, I was scared of what you'd do, how you'd react. I didn't want to hurt you, I needed to back off but I couldn't. You're right, you need to know the truth, and maybe we should stick to a business only relationship from now on."

Graham hated every word of it. He wished so desperately that it wasn't true. His eyes stang, threatening to tear up, he needed to leave before she saw him cry.

"I'm sorry Graham," She said as he opened the door to leave. "I really liked you too."

I wasn't gonna update today but ...

I hope you enjoy, comment vote share
Love y'all.

Bo Xxx